I hate the Steelers

Good point. JP has made enough mental mistakes so far to warrant an assumption that he will not end up being a good quarterback.

577795[/snapback]

I'm glad you can tell after 8 games that a player can't be a good QB or not. Glad you're not the GM.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When your record is 1-7 in those games, and you struggle to toss over 100 yards, you can tell a few things about a player.

577802[/snapback]

jeez, here we go again. i'm so disappointed in bills fans these days. so quick to give up on one of the few players on the team I thought actually played like he was expected to (in case you don't understand me, that means almost everyone else underachieved this season). If you expected JP to come in and light up the league like Roethlisberger, you should have immediately changed your expectations after the first 4 games of the season, when it became apparent that we had no oline, a defense that was markedly worse than last season, and a coach that could never seem to make a good decision.

a post from the past:

My friend, go to espn.com and look at JP's numbers. He had essentially two halves to the season. The first 4 games, then he got benched, and then the last 5 games with 4 starts. His numbers break down like this:

First half: 45/94 for 433 yds (47.9%) 1 TD 2 INT 52.3 QB RTG 19 rushes for 102 yds (5.4ypc)

Second half: 68/134 for 907 yds (50.7%) 7 TD 6 INT 77.5 QB RTG 12 rushes for 52 yds (4.3ypc)

So in his second half, he threw for more than twice as many yards, for 6 more touches and 4 more picks, averaged over 200 yards per start and he pulled up his QB rating by 25 points and pulled his completion percentage over 50%. All of this in about 3 more quarters more playing time in the second half. If anything, you can say he was inconsistent from game to game. He had some pretty good games and some pretty bad games. I guess we now require all first year quarterbacks to be Ben Roethlisberger. But the numbers clearly indicate that he did in fact improve over the course of the season, and deserved to start the final two games of the season over kelly holcomb.

jeez, here we go again.  i'm so disappointed in bills fans these days.  so quick to give up on one of the few players on the team I thought actually played like he was expected to (in case you don't understand me, that means almost everyone else underachieved this season).  If you expected JP to come in and light up the league like Roethlisberger, you should have immediately changed your expectations after the first 4 games of the season, when it became apparent that we had no oline, a defense that was markedly worse than last season, and a coach that could never seem to make a good decision. 

a post from the past:

My friend, go to espn.com and look at JP's numbers. He had essentially two halves to the season. The first 4 games, then he got benched, and then the last 5 games with 4 starts. His numbers break down like this:

First half: 45/94 for 433 yds (47.9%) 1 TD 2 INT 52.3 QB RTG 19 rushes for 102 yds (5.4ypc)

Second half: 68/134 for 907 yds (50.7%) 7 TD 6 INT 77.5 QB RTG 12 rushes for 52 yds (4.3ypc)

So in his second half, he threw for more than twice as many yards, for 6 more touches and 4 more picks, averaged over 200 yards per start and he pulled up his QB rating by 25 points and pulled his completion percentage over 50%. All of this in about 3 more quarters more playing time in the second half. If anything, you can say he was inconsistent from game to game. He had some pretty good games and some pretty bad games. I guess we now require all first year quarterbacks to be Ben Roethlisberger. But the numbers clearly indicate that he did in fact improve over the course of the season, and deserved to start the final two games of the season over kelly holcomb.

577817[/snapback]

I respect your response and your stance, and the facts are there that his numbers were better in the second half. I too believe he should have started the last two games, no question about it. I never said I expected JP to "light it up" like Big Ben, quite the contrary. I expected bumps in the road but I expected to see improvments and consistancy as the season progressed. While he did have some good games, including the houston and k.c. games, he seemed to have a pattern of playing good one week and bad the next.

I appreciate the intelligent response and I'll give him next season ( i hope the coach does too) to make my final judgement.

It's a rough area.

Surrounded by mindless obnoxious Eagles fans, with a wave of Steelers fans to the west. Then throw in the occasional Jets/Giants fan who has wandered to South Jersey. And top it off with the sprinkling of bandwagon Patriots fans who thankfully are quickly disappearing.

577752[/snapback]

Perfect description of Philly.

I hate the Steelers too. It dawned on me mid-week "1 of these 4 teams is actually going to win the SB? Damnit, it just might be Pitt since they are the best team". Fortunately, it's impossible to win 3 straight road games". :rolleyes: Damnit. Hopefully Carolina wins this other game. Seattle would get massacred vs. Pittsburgh.