John from Hemet

Dawgg

So they expect a starting quarterback in the NFL to walk over and say "take me out"

NAME ONE FRIGGEN QB THAT WOULD DO THAT...

Once you say put me on the bench....that is like admitting defeat....Drew Bledsoe is a competitor.....he will NEVER do that......

If he is doing poorly and the HC decides to make a move in a game to Mathews....I will cheer for Mathews to do well.....

So they expect a starting quarterback in the NFL to walk over and say "take me out"

Once you say put me on the bench....that is like admitting defeat....Drew Bledsoe is a competitor.....he will NEVER do that......

If he is doing poorly and the HC decides to make a move in a game to Mathews....I will cheer for Mathews to do well.....

41496[/snapback]

Jon Kitna - sort of. He didn't raise a peep when Carson Palmer was annointed in the off-season. He volunteered for the change, according to rumor.

41496[/snapback]

AND they expect a guy who has been with the team for four weeks...a guy who was doing NOTHING just prior to being called up...to provide a spark to the team.

Matthews will provide a spark alright, and you'll be able to smell the fire from miles away when the team goes up in smoke.

Impatient moronic ranting. The entire world seems to have forgotten that one single non-Bledsoe related play in both games and the Bills are 2-0 and you'd all be standing around bitching about Lindell.

41496[/snapback]

If he did that, could you imagine the crap that'd be written here? Drew Bledsoe does many things on the football field I despise. One thing I admire about him though, is that no matter how bad his ass gets beat, he's in there trying to do well until the gun sounds.

As far as your last point John, even though I know you're a fan of Drew, I don't doubt you'd support Matthews just as much. We could use a few more Bills fans like that...

Doug Flutie was with the Bills for 3 weeks before he came in and provided a spark.

Kurt Warner was with the Rams for a week before he provided a spark.

Marc Bulger was riding the pine for a few months before he provided a spark.

Aaron Brooks had been with the team a few months before he provided a spark (when Jeff Blake went down with injury)

Even Drew Bledsoe provided a spark for the Pats in the AFC Championship Game

You're right. Bledsoe did not necessarily "cause" these 2 losses. But when looking for a spark, you don't get a new kicker or fullback. You put in a new QB. That's the pulse of the team... not that Shane Matthews is any good, nor is he a permanent solution. But a spark once in a while never hurts.

Now go stroke your Bledsoe bobble-head doll

Impatient moronic ranting. The entire world seems to have forgotten that one single non-Bledsoe related play in both games and the Bills are 2-0 and you'd all be standing around bitching about Lindell.

41546[/snapback]

Point taken. I didn't really ever expect Bledsoe to voluntarily take himself out. I was more eluding to the fact that the team could use a short-term spark and that decision would rest with the head coach, not Drew.

41496[/snapback]