Donnie Henderson as DC?

marck

With Donnie Henderson of the Jets potentially available, I thought I would throw in a couple of initial thoughts about him as the Bills new DC.

In New York they played a Cover 2 scheme. Was that more a Henderson desire or was he taking concept direction from Herman Edwards. The reason I ask this is that the Bills personnel does not match-up if they went to the Cover 2.

However in Baltimore the Ravens used a very aggressive version of the 3-4 when he was their, they switched back to a 4-3 this year due to changes in personnel. As the Bills are structured now, they do not have the players that fit a "3-4" system either.

Therefore, does Henderson make a good potential fit as DC using a base 4-3 and man-up style of back 7 coverage.

Any "Donnie Henderson" advocates give me some answers to my questions.

With Donnie Henderson of the Jets potentially available, I thought I would throw in a couple of initial thoughts about him as the Bills new DC.

In New York they played a Cover 2 scheme.  Was that more a Henderson desire or was he taking concept direction from Herman Edwards.  The reason I ask this is that the Bills personnel does not match-up if they went to the Cover 2.

However in Baltimore the Ravens used a very aggressive version of the 3-4 when he was their, they switched back to a 4-3 this year due to changes in personnel.  As the Bills are structured now, they do not have the players that fit a "3-4" system either.

Therefore, does Henderson make a good potential fit as DC using a base 4-3 and man-up style of back 7 coverage.

Any "Donnie Henderson" advocates give me some answers to my questions.

574714[/snapback]

I scanned the Jets' boards today for information - and found it interesting that they backed off the aggressive dfensive scheme pretty significantly this year compared to last - due to injuries/personnel/not really sure. Media reports say that Henderson had a meeting with his players during the season and they expressed their dislike for the more passive scheme but they never became the force they did the previous year. Also, the fact that noone (till the Bills have come calling) has really been requesting permission to talk to Henderson leaves a lot of their fan base thinking he's a 1-hit wonder. I really don't know - based on his response to adversity this year, is he any different than Grey?

The fact that Bates could lead a great D in MIami, then improve that bad Packer D makes me think he's just flat 1 of the better coordinators around.