Could Someone Here Respond to Simmons

DC Mom

There are plenty of times where the Bills have been hosed by officiating in favor of the Patriots in recent years. For that matter, instances where other teams have fallen victim as well. I am sure someone here would be able to respond to Bill Simmons' complaints about the Broncos/Patroits game here: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/060118

I would do it myself, but I feel that someone else probably can articulate the point far better than me.

I really like Bill Simmons. He is honestly doing what I would be doing I was given the opportunity. For instance if the Bills had gotten all the calls the Pats have over the years and won Super Bowls, I would still complain if finally one wnet against us. It's being a homer but hey I guess ESPN is paying him to do that. He also states that Denver was the better team.

Plus if you're gonna get on him for something, I would get on him for bashing JP. Check this out:

1. If anything, that penalty should have been called on Ashley Lelie, who would have needed Freddie Krueger's arms to catch that ball, whether he was "impeded with" or not. But ever since Dungy and Bill Polian pulled their hissy fit after the 2004 AFC Championship and pushed the competition committee to change the pass defense rules to help out their quarterback, referees have adopted the "if there's even a modicum of contact and it seems like the receiver has a 10 percent chance of making the catch, throw the flag to be safe" policy. Well, you know what's going to happen? Eventually, this is just going to become some team's offense -- run the ball, kill some clock, and lob 15 to 20 passes per game. Figure you get lucky and catch two, get another four to five pass interferences, and maybe give up two interceptions (which would be like punts). That's still worth about 250 extra yards of offense per game. If you're the Bills with J.P. Losman, would you rather run the West Coast offense or the "Screw it, maybe we can draw some flags" offense?

Kinda of a cheap shot. But I always thought if I had Randy Moss, why not just chuck it down the field 10 times a game and see what happens.

If you're the Bills with J.P. Losman, would you rather run the West Coast offense or the "Screw it, maybe we can draw some flags" offense?

Kinda of a cheap shot.  But I always thought if I had Randy Moss, why not just chuck it down the field 10 times a game and see what happens.

574392[/snapback]

When I read that, I laughed at first but then I got sad b/c it's true.