Pats Rodney Harrison still crying about the refs

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 != 45+

574738[/snapback]

And while you're "explaining" to all of us how Brady has become (wink wink) one of the league's "deep threats", you'll be happy to know that your idol "improved" from a bottom of the league 54 QB rating over 20 yards in 2004 to a bottom third of starters 63 in 2005.

Yup, a real "deep ball" threat!

Yeah, Brady's passer rating on his throws over 20 yards would have NOTHING to do with whether your idiotic statement that he had become "one of the biggest deep threats in the league" is accurate!

You keep up with the unsupportable and football-free nonsense you spew around here, don't let any of us who recognize your little Troll game interfere ;-)

574733[/snapback]

You two are STILL having this argument? Haven't you run out of things to say yet? :(

At this point, it's less an argument and more a cycle of factual reiteration and denial.

575031[/snapback]

And now opportunity knocks at your door-

You previously claimed that Tom Brady was a "deep ball threat" in the NFL. I've shown that in fact he's one of the worst QBs in the league when throwing over 20 yards. You now can simply admit what anyone with eyes and a functioning brain realizes- you said something that was false. In the intertest of "accuracy" I'd think you'd take this opportunity to recover from your past misstep and just say "Yeah, I was a stupid Troll and I shouldn't have been flag-waving on a Bill's message board, especially when the tripe I was peddling was demonstrably false".

Or you could continue being the jellyfish Troll that you and I both know you to be- devoid of anything but trollscum talk and unable to admit in the face of incontrovertible evidence that you don't have the ability to be honest.

You previously claimed that Tom Brady was a "deep ball threat" in the NFL.

Correct.

I confirmed this claim by referencing statistical evidence confirming that in 2004, Brady was third in the NFL in both completions of passes traveling 41+ yards in the air and completion percentage on passes traveling 41+ yards in the air. Clearly one of the best and most consistent in the league at throwing the deep ball, at least during that season.

I've shown that in fact he's one of the worst QBs in the league when throwing over 20 yards.

What does that have to do with anything when you, AKC, defined a deep ball as one that travels 45+ yards in the air, not 20 yards?

Correct.

I confirmed this claim by posting statistical evidence that in 2004, Brady was third in the NFL in both completions of passes traveling 41+ yards in the air and completion percentage on passes traveling 41+ yards in the air.

575053[/snapback]

Twist and turn all you like, it doesn't change the fact that QBs rated at the bottom of the league over 20 yards are not "deep threats" in any honest man's judgement. It appears clear you are content to remain the lying sack of garbage you've been proven to be instead of taking the honorable opportunity I've offered you to simply admit your past indiscretions. We used to have some honest fans from opposing teams around here but the bottomfeeders like you have convinced them to leave for message boards where even a lying Troll would never argue that the worst QBs in the league at throwing passes over 20 yards are "deep threats". But you keep saying it- you might actually begin to believe it at some point and it may lessen your whining about the referees in the Denver game!

You win.

41 and 20 are the same numbers, and can be swapped interchangeably in any statistical analysis.

Marc Bulger's three pass attempts over 41+ yards in '04 were inexplicably more than Donovan McNabb's 25 pass attempts over 41+ yards in '04.

Daunte Culpepper routinely attempts 80 to 96 passes travelling 41+ yards through the air per season, even though his career high in a season is 22 such pass attempts, and he's averaged only 12.3 such pass attempts per season over his career.

You win. We live in the bizarro world now. Every absurd claim you've ever made is now - however indescribable it may seem - true. Are you happy now?

You win.

Are you happy now?

575059[/snapback]

Yes, I'm pleased that you finally recognize that no QB rated among the worst in the league at his throws over 20 yards could ever be credibly argued as a "deep threat". You've made some progress this evening. I'll let you know when your next lesson begins.

That was actually a correct call according to the NFL rulebook. :(

Yeah, I know according to the rulebook it was the correct call, but just because it's in the rulebook, doesn't make it a good rule. :w00t:

Personally, I'd love to see the "arm going forward" incomplete passes rules, all changed so that anytime the ball doesn't leave the QB's hand under the QB's power (or intended direction, for that matter)... it's a fumble.

Quester74