Easterbrook on the Bills

Check out the link he gives to the 2004 games, especially the one where that putz Mike Perera does the ultimate "company line" BS routine.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/7019891

NFL Total Access would be so much better without this clown defending every call the officials make. Although, his clip this week may be something to see...

Man, I am *amazed* at all the dandy-boys whining about the color scheme on the uniforms. What, are they offending your aesthetic sensibilities?

I happen to LOVE the new uniforms--especially the away jerseys--and hope that Marv Levy not only keeps them, but sends one to every season ticket holder.

Ok. Now can we get the hell back to worrying about the PRODUCT ON THE FIELD, not how they are dressed? I love the throwbacks--and I loved the uniform during the early 90s. I drink coffee from a mug with all the uniforms on it, and I am reminded that every single day.

But if the Bills start winning games again convincingly, I am not even going to see or care about the color scheme.

If Ralph and Marv are smart about this, they'll put the new duds in the incinerator as a symbolic burial of the last five years.

Bring back the throwbacks for good!

571102[/snapback]

NFL will not allow it. A full year notice must be given so the various people can approve it.

Make a change in 'throwback' uniforms enough to satisfy marketing people (i.e. Buffalo logo on sleeves or colar) so they can sell the new uniforms but get rid of that horid 5 color combination. Make sure stripes and helmet match as well. I have no problem if the go with current dark blue, red and white but two shades of blue and a gray? Please!

This week's Easterbrook's Tuesday Morning Quarterback comment on the Bills

Coach Cheney Would Have the Quarterback Line Up in an Undisclosed Location: New Bills' general manager Marv Levy is interviewing head-coach candidates, but initially declined to take himself out of running for the post. On an exclusive basis, TMQ has learned the first screening question Levy planned to ask candidates was, "Have you been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a coach?" There is precedent for running a selection process, then choosing yourself. Recall that in 2000, Dick Cheney was chosen to interview possible vice-presidential running mates for George W. Bush, and reported to Bush that the best possible running mate was none other than Richard Cheney. Perhaps Levy could name Cheney as the Bills' coach, while Levy assumes the Vice Presidency. Cheney would be overheard on the Buffalo sideline screaming, "What do you mean I'm not allowed to order an air strike against the other team's bench?"

Memo to Marv Levy: one way to create a sense of optimism about return to glory would be to ditch the Bills' new uniforms, ugliest in the league, and return to the handsome red, white and flag blue look of the team's Super Bowl run. Not to put too fine a point on it, but red, white and flag blue is the single most successful color scheme in world history. Can it be coincidence Buffalo's recent woe has coincided with the switch from handsome uniforms to unsightly duds? Buffalos' new road uniforms resemble children's pajamas, while the new home uniforms make the Bills look walking bridge abutments. It's known that owner Ralph Wilson dislikes the new uniforms. Marv, just switch back. All will be forgiven!

571070[/snapback]

Great. So I guess this means we will be attacking an NHL team in response to being beaten by Jets.

Sweet.

The throwbacks are sweet but no way will the league allow us to adopt these full time.  I love the home all blue unis myself but wouldn't be adverse to the patriotic SB unis we used to have.

571866[/snapback]

Why would the league care what the Bills wore? I think you ask 100 random people at least 80 would say they like those throwback unis better.

Why would the league care what the Bills wore?  I think you ask 100 random people at least 80 would say they like those throwback unis better.

571872[/snapback]

because the team names, logos, and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the nfl

like anything else it's about money :blink: