Levy's first 2 BIG mistakes

From what I recall, the same thing happened the last time except maybe they used better words to describe it. The last time, certain coaches, like Gilbride were given permission immediately to look elsewhere. Others weren't giving permission to look around such as Rusty Jones. This year that already happened when they let the all the defensive coaches go. Maybe MM didn't cafe for Rusty as much as his buddy from Pitt and after a year Rusty was gone, but he kept his job for that year.

Im certain this year, if they pick a new coach and he tells Marv, I've worked with Bobby April before, and we just hate eachother, and no way do I want him on my staff, then Aprils gone. The difference is by that point in time it likely would be too late for April to hook up with another job, so likely Ralph will eat his salary for next year.

I think all it means is that the guys that are left Ralph and Marv feel they are highly thought of people, well respected and liked, and it would be surprising if who ever is picked, can't work with these guys and wouldn't want them on their staff. Sothey figure it's better to keep these guys around as it's not likely by the time a coach is in place, he'd find anyone better anyway.