Well....here are my comments....

sven233

I told everyone yesterday that I was going to reserve judgement on the whole coaching situation until after the Press Conferance today.

So, here I am......not exactly sure what to think anymore. Just seems as though this whole thing is some sort of bad reality show or something. But, there were some points of interest from this Press Conferance that I think are worth mentioning.

Perhaps the 1 thing I took away from today is just how much Marv really wants to coach again. And, I have a feeling I am not the only one. I got the suspicious feeling that Ralph got that feeling for the first time today as well. I think Ralph might have just realized just how serious Marv is about coaching again and he learned this right in front of all of us today. I'm sure Marv's comments were a little shocking to Mr. Wilson. With that said, I would not doubt for a second that Marv will get SERIOUS consideration for the position (especially since he can basically hire himself).

With that said, I hope it doesn't happen. We are now looking for our 3rd coach in the last 4 years!!! How many years could Marv really do it for? 2.....maybe 3? I don't want to be going through all of this again in just a couple years. But, with Marv as GM, we probably will anyways since he can't be the GM forever either. Anyways, I am not looking to take a step back with Marv. I love the guy as much as everyone else, but we need to move forward in a big way.

As for the other candidates out there right now.......I am not sure what direction I want this team to go. However, I am a little dissapointed in the list of early candidates that we are hearing. Gray and April simly are not ready at this point and I seriously doubt ever will be. Juron is not interesting at all and I think he might even be a step backwards.

And, that leaves 1 candidate (at least of the ones that are being seriously talked about)......we all know who it is and I admit I spent a lot of the night last night saying that he is NOT good enough. However, I am willing to give whoever they bring in a chance. I want to see the entire coaching staff first before I have an opinion. If Haslett does come in here, it probably wouldn't be the worst decision ever made. He does have some strong points, but he definately will have to improve. A great coaching staff will help this along nicely. So, if he turns out to be the choice, so be it. I will support him 100% (as I will with whoever they bring in here as I just WANT TO WIN).

With all of that said, I haven't hear Sherman's or Fassell's name come up really at all. I find that a little troubling as I think they are both good coaches. I just want to know that when the Bills name a head coach, they really did all they could to bring in the best guy. So, I do hope that they at least bring these guys in for interviews.

Who will get the job? That is the $1,000,000 question (but I hope that Ralph is true to his word that cost is not going to be a factor for the new coach). I know there are a few rumors going on out there about Jeff Fisher and Marty, but it is hard to take them seriously at this point. IF.....AND I STRESS IF, these guys are available to the Bills, there is potential to get a GREAT coach. I'm talking about Jeff Fisher. IF it were possible for the Bills to get him.....I WOULD DO IT IN A HEARTBEAT!!!! I believe he is one of the best coaches in the league. The Bills would be crazy to pass him up if he did become available. Will he be available? Probably not. But that would be the best case scenerio.

If I was forced to make a guess at this point......I say Haslett gets the job for a number of reasons that we all know. Would that be a good move? Who knows. We'll have to wait and see. But, the one thing I do know is that the leading candidate may already be a part of the Bills' organization.....RIGHT MARV?

I'm torn about who I would like for HC, also. (Ha! like it matters what we want)

Fisher would be great, but not at the cost of draft picks - he is under contract, eh?

Marv would be an interesting choice. He would probably have some heir-apparent OC/DC on staff. I would not mind - Marv is a good man, full of vigor (or chutzpah or whatever!)

Tom Moore, Colts OC, would be an excellent choice, very likely.

Time will tell.