We need a head coach that has 1 thing!

Agreed. And I like the choice of Sherman. They can't do the coaching thing on the cheap anymore. No more trainee types. Ralphie won't be taken seriously unless he hires a guy with a good track record as a head coach.

What makes me particularly ill at this time is.....I see this as the beginning of the end of this franchise in Buffalo. If this team moves in the next decade, people will remember this period of time as to when the Mayflower trucks had their engines started. I just have a very bad vibe about what is going on with this franchise.

No, that period of time was when TD was hired, proceeded to spend 5 years alienating the fan base and left an unmitigated disaster when he was fired.

The trick will be for Marv to clean it up. If he just gets the ship pointed in the right direction on this team, he should be considered a HOF GM.

I love the Mike Sherman idea! A head coach with the go to experience The onlty reason GB let him go was they knew Bret would not come back without him...I for one hope we can jump on his bandwagon and circle the wagons like we did in the old days..........

Agreed.  And I like the choice of Sherman.  They can't do the coaching thing on the cheap anymore.  No more trainee types.  Ralphie won't be taken seriously unless he hires a guy with a good track record as a head coach.

What makes me particularly ill at this time is.....I see this as the beginning of the end of this franchise in Buffalo.  If this team moves in the next decade, people will remember this period of time as to when the Mayflower trucks had their engines started.  I just have a very bad vibe about what is going on with this franchise.

565100[/snapback]

Hope your Vibes are WRONG but like the Sheran idea, I want a proven head coach with a winning attitude and also not worried that a hall of fame coach is overlooking him.

No, that period of time was when TD was hired, proceeded to spend 5 years alienating the fan base and left an unmitigated disaster when he was fired.

The trick will be for Marv to clean it up.  If he just gets the ship pointed in the right direction on this team, he should be considered a HOF GM.

565106[/snapback]

The one thing that will be pertinent will be high ticket sales. No matter how much a cluster**** an organization can get, if they can scapegoat the fans at some point, an NFL team will use that as an excuse.

It is very important to have an experienced head coach to lead this team/organization back from the laughing stock it has become. The players need to buy into the HC's system right away! And any assistant that becomes a head coach for the first time will need to earn the players respect first... then the players will buy into the system.

That was the problem with Adams and Moulds this year... they never bought the MM system and were prone to fight against change.