Is Jerry Gray still on the team?

Is there any official report of him resigning from the team? I heard that from a family member and also on this board ... yet, I keep seeing articles that refer to Jerry Gray as if he is still on the team. Such as saying Bills Defensive Coordinator Jerry Gray interviews for such and such job (I saw that about a week or so ago) and tonight I saw this :

Mularkey, however, was forced to dismiss five assistants, including offensive coordinator Tom Clements. He also faced the possibility of losing defensive coordinator Jerry Gray, who has interviewed for several open head-coaching jobs.

So is he still a coach on the Bills or what?

I certainly dont want him as head coach ... but I do want him as our d-coordinator. He had one bad year, and that was with Takeo Spikes injured, Pat Williams gone, and that other DT playing horrid for most of the year.

564347[/snapback]

one bad year?he was the d coordinator from the start of greg williams tenure do u remember 2001 season at all?we had two seasons where we were ranked#2 statistically .but it was bogus because we gave up a ton of points and we could never stop anybody on 3rd down or at any crucial time in a game when you had to make a stop.i like jerry though maybe he would be a better head coach than a defensive coordinator.the players like him but he does not adjust well during a game and relies way too much on the blitz.he has never ever added a wrinkle to our defense,a good coach would always be working on something new opposing teams have not seen.

Gray, who's interviewed with Houston, would be considered a strong candidate B-) should the Bills determine they want to maintain some continuity by hiring someone familiar with the team. Although the Bills defense struggled this season, finishing 29th in the NFL, the unit was slowed by injuries.

Gray told The AP he is unaware of Mularkey's resignation but would want to have a fair chance at being considered for the job.

"I've been here five years and I know the guys so I don't have to re-evaluate anything, we would just have to take off and run from there," Gray said. "You don't want to take steps backward, you want to take steps forward, and that's what Mr. Wilson has been doing."

Gray added he's been contacted by Lions president Matt Millen, but an interview has not yet been scheduled.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

one bad year?he was the d coordinator from the start of greg williams tenure do u remember 2001 season at all?we had two seasons where we were ranked#2 statistically .but it was bogus because we gave up a ton of points and we could never stop anybody on 3rd down or at any crucial time in a game when you had to make a stop.i like jerry though maybe he would be a better head coach than a defensive coordinator.the players like him but he does not adjust well during a game and relies way too much on the blitz.he has never ever added a wrinkle to our defense,a good coach would always be working on something new opposing teams have not seen.

564358[/snapback]

Do you really want to go back to the talent on our 2001 defense? Come on man, lets use our brains here.

The fact that he had 2 straight years of coaching a top 3 ranked defense and the fact that last year and this year he is being considered as a head coach prospect for other teams, just furthers the point that he is a pretty good coach (in my opinion anyway). While he may not be head coach quality, he is a solid defensive coordinator and you will find that out if he leaves and they bring someone else in.

Do you really want to go back to the talent on our 2001 defense? Come on man, lets use our brains here.

The fact that he had 2 straight years of coaching a top 3 ranked defense and the fact that last year and this year he is being considered as a head coach prospect for other teams, just furthers the point that he is a pretty good coach (in my opinion anyway). While he may not be head coach quality, he is a solid defensive coordinator and you will find that out if he leaves and they bring someone else in.

564376[/snapback]

well he does get a pass this year cause of spikes getting hurt and big pat williams leaving,but i dont think he is a solid d coordinator.and our top ranked d was a joke we were ranked on yardage allowed not on points allowed.it was bogus with the game on the line we would falter.his whole time here we have never been able to stop opponets on 3rd down,but maybe as a head coach he lets someone else coach the d and he just puts in his philosophy.the players love him and he has stated since day 1 he wants to be a head coach.i just hope he is not getting used for token interviews because of his race that wouldnt be right

Gray, who's interviewed with Houston, would be considered a strong candidate  :( should the Bills determine they want to maintain some continuity by hiring someone familiar with the team. Although the Bills defense struggled this season, finishing 29th in the NFL, the unit was slowed by injuries.

Gray told The AP he is unaware of Mularkey's resignation but would want to have a fair chance at being considered for the job.

"I've been here five years and I know the guys so I don't have to re-evaluate anything, we would just have to take off and run from there," Gray said. "You don't want to take steps backward, you want to take steps forward, and that's what Mr. Wilson has been doing."

Gray added he's been contacted by Lions president Matt Millen, but an interview has not yet been scheduled.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

564370[/snapback]

Nice suck-up. :(

564376[/snapback]

Perhaps you didn't watch the same team a lot of us did last year. Don't talk to me about rankings. What happened in the Jacksonville game and the Pittsburgh game summarizes what is wrong with the defense.

well he does get a pass this year cause of spikes getting hurt and big pat williams leaving,but i dont think he is a solid d coordinator.and our top ranked d was a joke we were ranked on yardage allowed not on points allowed.it was bogus with the game on the line we would falter.his whole time here we have never been able to stop opponets on 3rd down,but maybe as a head coach he lets someone else coach the d and he just puts in his philosophy.the players love him and he has stated since day 1 he wants to be a head coach.i just hope he is not getting used for token interviews because of his race that wouldnt be right

564433[/snapback]

I think counting the yardage is a good way to measure a defense because when the offense is bad they will be punting a lot, and giving the opponents offense more chances to move the ball. At the same time they have more chances to score. Us keeping them to low yardage just shows that Jerry Gray coached a good defense but there were many a time that the opposing defense picked off Drew Bledsoe or returned a fumble deep into our territory. That is not the defenses fault.

Perhaps you didn't watch the same team a lot of us did last year. Don't talk to me about rankings. What happened in the Jacksonville game and the Pittsburgh game summarizes what is wrong with the defense.

564460[/snapback]

You mean when Nate Clements (being selfish by his OWN ADMITTANCE) went for the interception on 4th and long instead of batting the ball down?

Or do you mean when a mediocre offense had to play the best defense of that year and a 14-1 team?