Jim Haslett or Mike Sherman

Takeo_14

Its terrible what is going on with MM. I think he has to leave now. Does this indeed open the door for Jim Haslett? If I were Marv I would call Jim and get him into Buffalo ASAP. Make the move now!!! This may not turn out to be such a bad thing after all. I am just amazed that Hasslet has not been snatched up by another team yet. Its just simply unreal.

Mike Sherman got the shaft! A players coach! Great man!

Of eligible coaches out there who else would you rather have??? An unproven OC who's offense finished dead LAST in the NFL last year as a HC? Pitty Packer fans.

Its terrible what is going on with MM. I think he has to leave now. Does this indeed open the door for Jim Haslett? If I were Marv I would call Jim and get him into Buffalo ASAP. Make the move now!!! This may not turn out to be such a bad thing after all. I am just amazed that Hasslet has not been snatched up by another team yet. Its just simply unreal.

563462[/snapback]

Why? Because he was such a huge sucess at New Orleans? There are four head coaches out there looking for work who actually won something called the Superbowl... Lets start with them. Not a former Bill who won absolutely nothing as a head coach. Enough of this feel good hiring crap, Marv is here, isnt that enough??? Get some winners to coach us.

How is this man not a good coach. Who the hell has he ever had in New Orleans? Talk about a sh-- job!! Yet his teams have always been competitive.

563476[/snapback]

no haslett or any ex linebackers

no martz

no tice

no current ncaa coaches

no going backwards

Competitive??? Unbelievable. What has he won??

563488[/snapback]

he won at carolina opening day.....the game was fixed by the way for the people of new orleans.......they didnt want more demoralization........since then teams were free to play the saints on the level if they so desired

he won at carolina opening day.....the game was fixed by the way for the people of new orleans.......they didnt want more demoralization........since then teams were free to play the saints on the level if they so desired

563497[/snapback]

I knew I should have bet on the Saints in Week 1!

How is this man not a good coach. Who the hell has he ever had in New Orleans? Talk about a sh-- job!! Yet his teams have always been competitive.

563476[/snapback]

The reason it's a sh*t job is that the owner is a buffoon who does not spend a lot of $ on quality......and they were hamstrung by Ditka giving away every pick the year Ricky was taken......no coach, and there has been some great ones there...Bum Phillips, Jim Mora, Ditka, had ever won a playoff game there until Hasslett did....and he was coach of the year in 2000.....

One thing that always bothered me with posters here:...why is there an underlying assumption that players or coaches never learn from past experiences and improve? Or for that matter that our "dream" coaches players will even come here....Haslett would come in with several years experience including a playoff win....I'll take that against an unproven coordinator any day...

One thing that always bothered me with posters here:...why is there an underlying assumption that players or coaches never learn from past experiences and improve? Or for that matter that our "dream" coaches players will even come here....Haslett would come in with several years experience including a playoff win....I'll take that against an unproven coordinator any day...

563513[/snapback]

I agree. There are multiple examples of a HC during their first stint - not doing so well, then changing venues and becoming a pretty good to excellent HC.

Examples you ask? Heh, Belicheck, Shanahan, Wade Phillips, Marv Levy. I will stop there as the point is well substantiated.

I agree. There are multiple examples of a HC during their first stint - not doing so well, then changing venues and becoming a pretty good to excellent HC.

Examples you ask? Heh, Belicheck, Shanahan, Wade Phillips, Marv Levy. I will stop there as the point is well substantiated.

No argument here, but many NEVER get it and list is longer. The question with respect to Haslett is which one is he?

I just don't see Haslett matching wits with Belichek or Saban and winning. Like it or not, that MUST be the deciding criteria.