Former LA Rams WR Jack Snow dead 1/9

Former LA Rams split end Jack Snow passed on this Monday, Jan. 9, at age 62. RIP.

The mid-60's, early '70 Rams, with Snow, TE Billy Truax, QB Roman Gabriel, OL's Bob Brown and Tom Mack, LB's Jack Pardee and Maxie Baughan, and the "Fearsome Foursome" (Lamar Lundy, Merlin Olsen, Rosey Grier, & Deacon Jones) were a fine team...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-o...ov=ap&type=lgns

Former LA Rams split end Jack Snow passed on this Monday, Jan. 9, at age 62. RIP.

The mid-60's, early '70 Rams, with Snow, TE Billy Truax, QB Roman Gabriel, OL's Bob Brown and Tom Mack, LB's Jack Pardee and Maxie Baughan and the "Fearsome Foursome" (Lamar Lundy, Merlin Olsen, Rosey Grier, & Deacon Jones) were a fine team...

563006[/snapback]

Jack Snow and Roman Gabriel were a very good combination.

It is a shame what was done to L.A pro football. But, if and when they get another team, they should earn it the expansion way not by thieving from another city.

The '70s Rams were fun to watch and very competitive. Thanks for the memories Jack Snow!

The mid-60's, early '70 Rams, with Snow, TE Billy Truax, QB Roman Gabriel, OL's Bob Brown and Tom Mack, LB's Jack Pardee and Maxie Baughan, and the "Fearsome Foursome" (Lamar Lundy, Merlin Olsen, Rosey Grier, & Deacon Jones) were a fine team...

563006[/snapback]

I remember when I was going over to Berlin to begin my 2 year tour overseas. I sat next to John Huarte, the QB @ Notre Dame who hooked up w/ Snow to make a great 1-2 punch for the Irish (good enough for Huarte to win the Heisman). A very humble guy, considering he did win the Heisman and did get to be on a Super Bowl champion (KC Chiefs).

I remember when I was going over to Berlin to begin my 2 year tour overseas.  I sat next to John Huarte, the QB @ Notre Dame who hooked up w/ Snow to make a great 1-2 punch for the Irish (good enough for Huarte to win the Heisman).  A very humble guy, considering he did win the Heisman and did get to be on a Super Bowl champion (KC Chiefs).

563051[/snapback]

I remember Huarte. Wonder what he's up to these days?

When I was looking up some info on Jack Snow, and the Fearsome Foursome, I learned that sacks weren't an official stat until sometimes in the '80's. I came across a site by an old Ram's fan that claimed that the Foursome averaged over 40 sacks per season. Who knows, but they were a remarkable bunch, up there with the Minnie's Purple Gang and the Steel Curtain.

Roman Gabriel was involved in one of the funnier NFL plays I've seen. For reasons unknown, they spread the offensive line with 4 to the left and Gabe behind the center lined up of the far right - all alone, on the right hash. I don't remember the opponent. Gabe was splattered.

Funniest one was also a long time ago. The (Baltimore) Colts hit TE Ray Chester, and SD's db Speedy Duncan jumped on his back and for 20+ yards pummeled Chester's head like he was doing a bongo drum solo until Chester finally tipped over. :)

Sad to see Snow die young. I always wonder how those oldsters would do in today's "don't touch the wr" era. Conversly, how would today's crop fare with their eyeballs getting poked every play?

Or the 'ole DL head slap? :P

He died from MDRSA (multi-drug resistant Staphalococcus aureus). There has been a bunch of infections on Rams from turf burns and Martz had a heart valve infection. They should check out the dome there.