LOST - "The 23rd Psalm"

duey

the reason i ask is because my girlfriend brought up a good point. It may be coincidence, but nothing on this show ever is. She said "notice how ecko and charlie were brought together with the plane, and ecko and charlie are military letter call signs."

Also, fwiw, mike (michael) is the call sign for M...

just more stuff to think about...

565639[/snapback]

What she said has nothing to do with the show. She really means, "Marry me or get the hell out."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finished reading The Third Policeman. Here are two parallels that I can draw between the book and the show...

The main character in the book is all hung up on this ficticious English philospher/psuedo-scientist named de Selby. One of de Selby's theories centered on the fact that the sun didn't really go down and make night via a lack of sunlight...rather darkness was created by a buildup of industrial smoke every evening. A stretch liking this to the smoke on the island, in my opinion.

The big one is this...the main character is dead, doesn't know it, and is in purgatory. All sorts of f'ed up things happen to him, which he believes are real. It's not until the end does the reader come to find out that the main character is dead, and that he is in a purgatory where he will repeat the same f'ed up sh-- forver. It does not seem that the main character realizes this. Now this parallels one of the proposed theories of what is going on with the surivors and the island.

For what its worth.

the reason i ask is because my girlfriend brought up a good point. It may be coincidence, but nothing on this show ever is. She said "notice how ecko and charlie were brought together with the plane, and ecko and charlie are military letter call signs."

Also, fwiw, mike (michael) is the call sign for M...

just more stuff to think about...

565639[/snapback]

I think you might actually have something there. Good to keep in mind.

OKay, I watched it again tonight with my roommate and now am positive about the Sayid and Heroin connection.

The two drug sellers in Nigeria say "Sayid" during their conversation when Mr. Eko wants to buy the drugs.

Factor that in to Sayid being cuffed in Kate's background and Iraq being a major Heroin producer and I say it's a no brainer.

Did anyone else catch that?

The big one is this...the main character is dead, doesn't know it, and is in purgatory. It does not seem that the main character realizes this.  Now this parallels one of the proposed theories of what is going on with the surivors and the island.

For what its worth.

566051[/snapback]

Interesting point, and a theory that's been thrown about forever. Here's the thing. I truly believe that the producers would toss in the book, just to rekindle a theory that they've already dismissed.

Factor that in to Sayid being cuffed in Kate's background and Iraq being a major Heroin producer and I say it's a no brainer.

566550[/snapback]

I am not sure that Iraq is a major Heroin producer. Most of the world's opium comes frmo AFghanistan. It is a huge percentage. I may be wrong though.

I am not sure that Iraq is a major Heroin producer. Most of the world's opium comes frmo AFghanistan. It is a huge percentage. I may be wrong though.

566831[/snapback]

Yeah, you're probably right about that. I don't really know where it comes from, I lumped the middle east together I guess:)

But think Sayid will play a role in someway with Eko and the drugs.

Yeah, you're probably right about that. I don't really know where it comes from, I lumped the middle east together I guess:)

But think Sayid will play a role in someway with Eko and the drugs.

566833[/snapback]

I am sure afghanistan is not in the Middle East.

Hey maybe someone will know the answer to this. Last night we were discussing Lost and the subject of possible romantic pairings came up. Did Michael and that blonde chick from the tail section KISS? Because I don't remember it that way. There was someone in the discussion that was adament that it happened, but the rest of us didn't remember them actually kissing. I remember there being the hint of a spark between them, but nothing physical. Can anyone help?

Hey maybe someone will know the answer to this.  Last night we were discussing Lost and the subject of possible romantic pairings came up.  Did Michael and that blonde chick from the tail section KISS?  Because  I don't remember it that way.  There was someone in the discussion that was adament that it happened, but the rest of us didn't remember them actually kissing.  I remember there being the hint of a spark between them, but nothing physical.  Can anyone help?

567994[/snapback]

I think that blonde chick is sizing up Hurley for a little island love ---- did you see the look in her eye when he walked by and then helped her with her tarp at the end!!

I think that blonde chick is sizing up Hurley for a little island love ---- did you see the look in her eye when he walked by and then helped her with her tarp at the end!!

568000[/snapback]

Isnt she a shrink,,,only looking at Hurly in a professional manner... :w00t:

Another great episode and some great analysis by you guys. With LOST back, i think its time to bring back the jack avatar.

BTW - Hurley and Libby...anything going on or were those just friendly smiles? To me it seemed that thre was mroe in her smile. Not necessarily love or anything, but like she was happy to be accepted and be a part of the group.

562753[/snapback]

Don't they hold hands in the teaser for the next episode?

568000[/snapback]

I've allowed myself to go along for the ride whereever this show wants to take me. Crazy coincidences. Smoke with faces in it that is a monster. Claire losing her baby weight instantly. People in the tail section surviving the crash. Anything.

BUT...if they have that blonde hottie get it on with Hurley, that will be the exact moment where the show gets too unrealistic and I have to go find something else to watch.

I've allowed myself to go along for the ride whereever this show wants to take me.  Crazy coincidences.  Smoke with faces in it that is a monster.  Claire losing her baby weight instantly.  People in the tail section surviving the crash.  Anything.

BUT...if they have that blonde hottie get it on with Hurley, that will be the exact moment where the show gets too unrealistic and I have to go find something else to watch.

568731[/snapback]

For review:

Cynthia Watros

Hurley

Nope. No way. No frikkin way.