"With the 8th pick in the 2006 draft, The

billsboys

I am sure that the Brick IS worth all that and a bag of chips....BUT

- This is a quality draft for O Linemen

- Given the fact that we need help on BOTH sides of the ball....do we REALLY want to give up that 2nd round pick?

This is what I would do IF POSSIBLE

- Trade out of the 8th overall for Denvers 2 first round picks

- Franchise Nate.....either keep him or trade him (and yes...contrary to how much people undervalue Nate he is the top CB free agent and I do think we can get a late 1st for him

That gives us THREE 1st round picks, 1 second, and at least 2 thirds in a deep draft.

562125[/snapback]

I certainly like that scenerio MUCH better than giving up Picks...It would allow the Bills to Draft a CB somewhere in the 1st 2 Rounds, and anyone they Pick would come WAY cheaper than Nate...I think that much is certain...

I still would not mind keeping Nate either...No matter what, I like a Trade Down out of #8...More Picks...More Picks...More Picks... :flirt:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly like that scenerio MUCH better than giving up Picks...It would allow the Bills to Draft a CB somewhere in the 1st 2 Rounds, and anyone they Pick would come WAY cheaper than Nate...I think that much is certain...

I still would not mind keeping Nate either...No matter what, I like a Trade Down out of #8...More Picks...More Picks...More Picks... :flirt:

562603[/snapback]

It would be best to trade Nate for an extra pick. Maybe a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd pick.

Here's an interesting comment on what Parcells and Bellichek consider in the 1st round.

Maybe the Bills should take notice after the long string of skill positon players in teh 1st round.

"Because they may well go for a TE. Yes, they have Witten. But Parcells loves TEs and knows what problems they cause defenses. Adding a guy like Pope or Lewis would make life interesting for opposing defenses.

Think it won't happen? Take a look at New England's first round draft picks over the last few years. TEs Watson and Graham. DL Seymour, Warren, and Wilfork. Interior OL Mankins and Woody. LB Katzenmoyer. Parcells and Billichek share many philosophies. Not drafting first round QBs, WRs, etc is one of them"

Face it, this team is in rebuilding mode. You trade away anyone over 30 if there's a market. That means Spikes and Fletcher, even Sam Adams if someone wants him, and of course Eric Moulds. Holcomb too, even though I named my avatar after him. The ONLY type of over-30 player I'd be interested in keeping is a guy who's a) cheap, b) has no trade value, and c) a good mentor for the younger players.

As for addressing the CB position, the 2005 season created doubts that Clements is really the answer. Maybe the Bills will get lucky and find a diamond in the rough. If not, they can address the position in the 2007 draft. I really wouldn't mind the team going 2-14 next season, because that would get us better draft position. Think about what's good for the team in 2007 or 2008, not 2006.

562167[/snapback]

No kidding this team is rebuilding. And in order to help this we need to draft a DT in the first round and a LT in the second. Third LG to replace Bennie Anderson(terrible)