7 Sacks

buffalopa

Bledsoe is to blame 20%. The blocking and specifically the Oline deserve 80% of the blame.  This line is horrible. Beldsoe is a step and throw qb, like it or not, just like many other qb's currently working in the NFL. How in the world do you do that when the center and guards are running into you 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Yes, Bledsoe should get rid of the ball when he sees things breaking down. However, on many occasions the protection never gets set up or breaks down so quickly he would be penalized for grounding multiple times per game.

Maybe Bledsoe has lost it. There is no way to no for sure because he has no chance of being successful working behind a line like this.  No qb can succeed behind this line. Vick, McNabb, etc. would be running for his life not running to make plays.  It would be ludicrous to try to let Losman play behind this line they're so bad.

Then the one time Bledsoe does get some protection the receiver drops the ball. Let's face it the Josh Reed highlite was his rookie year and it doesn't look like this year will be any better than last year. Run after the catch receiver's can't drop the ball, ever, to be worth anything.  Moulds? He has a penchant for making bad plays at the worst time. Henry? He works very hard for 3-4 yards and a cloud of dust.  He also gets a pass sicne the line is so bad.

This team will get better when the OLine gets better and not until. 

This team needs to be rebuilt at every position.  Let's not even discuss the defense because that isn't Super Bowl caliber either.

Our best player is the punter.

39997[/snapback]

Except for the second last sentence, this was a very intelligent insightful post. Hit all the points about the problems with our offense.

Our defense is good. They are ranked very high. In the SuperBowl years we had a killer offense but our defense was not Super Bowl level.

Super Bowl WINNING defenses take the ball away and play smart. Ours does neither.

Except for the second last sentence, this was a very intelligent insightful post. Hit all the points about the problems with our offense. 

Our defense is good. They are ranked very high. In the SuperBowl years we had a killer offense but our defense was not Super Bowl level.

40614[/snapback]

:o  I did not get a chance to see the game and was wondering if there was any player(s) in particular that had problems resulting in the sacks? I know Drew is part of the problem, I was asking about any blocker in particular.......

39923[/snapback]

I know that 3 were confirmed to be the result of bad blocking from a reputable poster here/eye witness.

Only video review can really determine the culprits.

I can tell you that the DB haters here will not like the logic tho.

The problem starts with the offensive line, but ends with Drew Bledsoe's inability to sense the rush and escape it.  And I'm not talking about Michael Vick.  I mean just taking a step up in the pocket to get one more second to throw.  Drew is incapable of doing even that.

PTR

39954[/snapback]

Ummm, have you even seen these games yet? The pressure is coming from between the guards each and evert time!

:o