Awesome article on Tom Brady and the Pats

stevestojan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, the only people who consistently, routinely post inflammatory messages on this board are you and AKC, towards me.  Perhaps you should reflect on this matter so that you may discover the true nature of trollishness.

563159[/snapback]

Your disingenoous lying doesn't change the facts-not one of the decent opposing fans we've entertained over the years has chosen a derogatory name about anyone associated with the Bills like you have, and not one of them has posted obsessively about his own team like you do. They've come here and respected the place they are visiting, a Bill's Message Board, and acted appropriately. They've talked about football, not their gay players or their nose-picking coaches.

You've come and drawn one moron who can't make out the day from the night- or maybe just as likely he's just another Trollscum like you!

Where?  So far as I see, you haven't even provided a single one.

I suggest you cease this libelous tirade against me.

563163[/snapback]

File under oxymorons:

"Libeled bottomfeeder"

A troll is someone who visits other people's websites, only responds to posts about his/her team, and who posts inflammatory remarks.  Sorry you conveniently didn't feel like going back through all of HD's posts, "Holcomb's Arm," but it's not unexpected.  And neither is your defense of HD.

563145[/snapback]

I--again--went through the most recent page of Hollywood's posts. The majority of those posts--13--had nothing to do with the Patriots. Another four brought up the Patriots in the context of saying that he's not a Pats troll. Typical was the post where he wrote,

By all means, post some of this "negative, derogatory garbage". Because I hardly think I should be derided for defending my own team's players from what I feel is undeserved criticism.

(Even though he didn't mention the Patriots by name, I still counted it as a Pats reference.)

The remaining eight posts did in fact mention the Patriots in some way, shape, or form. So saying that he "only responds to posts about his team" is clearly untrue. As for inflammatory remarks, the only ones I've seen Hollywood post have been responses to much more incendiary remarks directed against him. AKC lumping him in with pedophiles comes to mind.

I've gone through five pages of Hollywood's posts, as opposed to your zero. So you don't have the right to complain that I haven't done all 40. If you want that task done, do it yourself.

I--again--went through the most recent page of Hollywood's posts. The majority of those posts--13--had nothing to do with the Patriots. Another four brought up the Patriots in the context of saying that he's not a Pats troll. Typical was the post where he wrote,

(Even though he didn't mention the Patriots by name, I still counted it as a Pats reference.)

The remaining eight posts did in fact mention the Patriots in some way, shape, or form. So saying that he "only responds to posts about his team" is clearly untrue. As for inflammatory remarks, the only ones I've seen Hollywood post have been responses to much more incendiary remarks directed against him. AKC lumping him in with pedophiles comes to mind.

I've gone through five pages of Hollywood's posts, as opposed to your zero. So you don't have the right to complain that I haven't done all 40. If you want that task done, do it yourself.

563174[/snapback]

Why are you ball washing HD? Obviously you have way to much time on your hands.

You should just ignore him, Holcomb. I should too, but I can't resist an argument that I can't lose.

Consider the source, that's what I say. You'd be wise not to waste so much time and energy on someone who claims to "know the game," yet once asserted that QBs routinely throw 5 to 6 deep passes per game (the '04 leader threw less than 2 per game), and then used misread stat splits to support his false claim.

The Message Board Troll looks to attract two followers:

A) Other Trolls from opposing team fan bases

B) The weakest and most naive of posters who will ignore all the evidence to the contrary and buy the Troll message that "I'm just here to talk football".

To date I have provided you with over 1700 posts done by the Troll, EACH AND EVERY ONE which deifies his own team and derides players or staff of our team. His actions are akin to showing up uninvited to someone else's Thanksgiving Dinner and spending the whole meal talking about how much better his grandmother was at roasting Turkey than the one being served.

So you claim you can't see the sun, you can't hear the jetliner taking off and you can't smell the turd stuck to your chin. This simply shows that you're one of the two types who the Troll came here looking for. Let's assume for the purpose of argument that you're the latter, the true Bill's fan who is simply under the Troll's spell and cannot recognize that the Troll owns you. That might be possible to accept, that you are simply willing to be owned by a Troll, but there's the other possibility.

You see, a true Bill's fan would cease fellating the Troll at some point. You choose instead to continue the tongue bath. Which brings us back to the first candidate the Troll looks to attract: See "A" above.

563161[/snapback]

I knew that if I demanded evidence from you to support your accusations, I was unlikely to receive any. I knew you were much more likely to, in time, question whether I was a Bills fan at all. If maintaining your good or neutral opinion of me was more important than adhering to principle, these facts would have caused me to be silent.

I'd always kind of been around the Bills, but I didn't really start following them until the comeback victory against Houston. The fact they hadn't given up when everything seemed hopeless was something I could admire. The fact Frank Reich had the biggest comeback in college history showed me the type of man he was. But what really got me was the poem he read after the game, and his remarks. He came across not just as a man with an iron-hard will to win, but also deeply mature and spiritual. You could tell there was more to him than just football. Hitherto I'd thought football players were stupid, shallow, selfish party animals. Frank Reich forced me to abandon that stereotype.

I admit that since then, the organization has taken backwards steps, not just in the win/loss column, but more importantly in the dignity and character of its players. Instead of bravely fighting until the bitter end, too many of the more recent roster's players have the tendency to throw in the towel when things get a little rough. That's not the kind of team I want to root for, but it's the one I'm stuck with. Hopefully Marv will be able to return this team to the way it once was.

Why am I sticking up for Hollywood? Because it's too easy on message boards to destroy someone's reputation with unsupported accusations. DC_Tom/CTM uses this technique all the time, which is why his net contribution to these boards is negative. If you want to destroy Hollywood's reputation, prove to me he deserves to have it destroyed.

I knew that if I demanded evidence from you to support your accusations, I was unlikely to receive any. I knew you were much more likely to, in time, question whether I was a Bills fan at all. If maintaining your good or neutral opinion of me was more important than adhering to principle, these facts would have caused me to be silent.

563196[/snapback]

You're looking for specific posts despite the fact that you've been repeatedly told that it is Hollywood Pats Troll's body of work that exposes him for what he is. He rarely adds anything to any other subject that does not involve the Pats, and "magically" appears everytime someone has anything to say about them.

He showed up right around the same time several other Pats trolls arrived...McGahee's ACL, Thurman's Helmet, and a whole host of other idiots with inflammatory names who only came here to cause trouble and spew their Patriots crap, many of whom are now banned.

Why is he here when his team is playing Denver this weekend in the playoffs? Why was he here right after the Jags game? Why is he here literally all the time lurking, waiting to pounce on every thread or post specific to the Patriots? The Bills haven't played his team in over a month...yet here he is...despite the abundance of Pats boards out there just full of delusional Pats fans throwing dynasty and HOF QB and genius around.

That's a freaking troll Mr Arm.

Why is he here when his team is playing Denver this weekend in the playoffs?  Why was he here right after the Jags game?  Why is he here literally all the time lurking, waiting to pounce on every thread or post specific to the Patriots?  The Bills haven't played his team in over a month...yet here he is...despite the abundance of Pats boards out there just full of delusional Pats fans throwing dynasty and HOF QB and genius around.

That's a freaking troll Mr Arm.

563240[/snapback]

What I want to know is, where the heck was he when the Pats were looking a bit shabby about week 9 or so??? :P

Fact is, he's a Pats fan on a Bills board, the ragging has got to be expected...

prove to me he deserves to have it destroyed.

563196[/snapback]

As I pointed out, there are those who willingly invite being fleeced and those who don't realize they're being fleeced. A Troll with a derogatory a name and 1700 posts telling us how great his team is has a record clear enough for anyone who cares to objectively weigh his motives for spending time on the Message Board of an opposing fan base. You choose to either ignore being fleeced or you invite it. If you're a Bill's fan you're at home here on a Bill's Message Board; we always maintain a warm room for the family loon. Supper's at 6:00 sharp.

If on the other hand you're a Troll like the one you're rubbing on right now you'll have to live with the fact that you're among the three lowest forms of internet life, and like the pedophile it really doesn't matter what outfit you put on when you go shopping, your disorder wears to the coherent like fear to a dog and you'll be proven out sooner rather than later. In some posts you've already chosen to insult Bill's fans in favor of a Pat's Troll. Only you decide where you take it, but then again if you're simply a Troll yourself you'll just carry on.

You're looking for specific posts despite the fact that you've been repeatedly told that it is Hollywood Pats Troll's body of work that exposes him for what he is. 

In other words, you're saying that even though there are no specific posts that would prove Hollywood to be a troll, you want to label him one anyway. That's your choice, but don't expect me to follow suit.

He rarely adds anything to any other subject that does not involve the Pats, and "magically" appears everytime someone has anything to say about them. 

In those five pages of reading I did, I saw him participate in a number of subjects that didn't have to do with the Pats.

He showed up right around the same time several other Pats trolls arrived...McGahee's ACL, Thurman's Helmet, and a whole host of other idiots with inflammatory names who only came here to cause trouble and spew their Patriots crap, many of whom are now banned. 

And you're lumping him in with them, instead of judging him on his own merits.

Why is he here when his team is playing Denver this weekend in the playoffs?  Why was he here right after the Jags game? 

Because the Bills board is the coolest game in town! :blink:

you're saying that even though there are no specific posts that would prove Hollywood to be a troll, you want to label him one anyway.

563630[/snapback]

Not at all- what he's saying is that instead of the ludicrous measure you've decided upon- "A Troll is a Troll when they say they are a Troll and not a moment before no matter what they name themsleves or post about has no bearing on them bieing a Troll", Johnny has a bit more liberal interpretation. For instance, if some jackass comes to a Bill's message board and signs up under a name derogatory to members or former members of our organization and commences posting photos and love letters to his own teams players over 1700 times, Johnny (and every coherent Bill's fan in this forum) will recognize that that Troll is clearly a Troll, even though Johnnie's measure is quite different from yours.

As I pointed out, there are those who willingly invite being fleeced and those who don't realize they're being fleeced. A Troll with a derogatory a name and 1700 posts telling us how great his team is has a record clear enough for anyone who cares to objectively weigh his motives for spending time on the Message Board of an opposing fan base. You choose to either ignore being fleeced or you invite it. If you're a Bill's fan you're at home here on a Bill's Message Board; we always maintain a warm room for the family loon.  Supper's at 6:00 sharp.

From what I've seen, most of his posts don't mention the Patriots at all, and most of those that do aren't really an assessment of the team's overall quality. For you to say that all 1700 of Hollywood's posts are to praise the Patriots shows you have failed to achieve the objectivity you talk about. As for being fleeced, I don't see how Hollywood is any more likely to fleece me than that Dolphins fan you praised. Both root for division rivals. The difference being that the Patriots have basically owned the Bills ever since Belichick got rolling, while the Dolphins have been about as bad as the Bills. I don't like the Patriots' dominance any more than you do, but I don't think that taking my frustration out on Patriots fans will do very much to help the situation.

If on the other hand you're a Troll like the one you're rubbing on right now you'll have to live with the fact that you're among the three lowest forms of internet life, and like the pedophile it really doesn't matter what outfit you put on when you go shopping, your disorder wears to the coherent like fear to a dog and you'll be proven out sooner rather than later. In some posts you've already chosen to insult Bill's fans in favor of a Pat's Troll. Only you decide where you take it, but then again if you're simply a Troll yourself you'll just carry on.

563429[/snapback]

What was I supposed to do about the Bills fans who'd insulted me first? Lie down and take it? No thanks.

From what I've seen, most of his posts don't mention the Patriots at all,

563672[/snapback]

So now you'll simply defer to acting as if you've performed a self-administered lobotomy that has gone dramatically bad?

OK Sherlock, you really want to pretend you're the only one on TSW who can't see his Avatar, read his sig line or his derogatory name? You've surely made a strong case for yourself being a Troll since it's hard to imagine any Bill's fan would be so publicly dishonest. To expose your Trolldom after establishing a posting record simply to carry another Troll's water is hard to imagine, but then again "ashes to ashes, scum to scum". Or something like that ;-)

Ah, the "peaceable" plea from the Trollscum! You spend your time posting on a another team's website because you don't understand the game well enough to contribute valuable information within your own community and ask Bill's fans to be "nice"! Get a life.

561194[/snapback]

Gee, I'm confused. I thought Rico was the troll? :blink: