Meet the new boss...

yall

relax yall.... ;)

1.  I don't own one...why would I when the online ones are free!

2. That post was directed at the padded helmet fellow, not you...since he used a "big word"...it was high brow humor.

3.  DC's redundancy post was directed at me, for including two forms of the same word.

4.  I too have defended both, but certainly DB is (was?) head and shoulders above RJ.

5.  Why are you surprised and/or disappointed by derision here? ;)

40011[/snapback]

1 & 2. My quote about the thesaurus was directed at you, but was merely a joke, thus the smiley face.

3. The apology for redundancy was for taterhill who complained about this information being posted before. I'm just not good a doing multiple quotes. It had nothing to do with you.

4. I agree that over the course of his career, Bledsoe is a much better QB, but as a Bill, I'm having a hard time convincing myself that he has much gas left in the tank.

5. I'm not surprised, notice the "as usual" remark. I am disappointed though. I was hoping a discussion (heated or otherwise) would ensue. Instead it was a bunch of one liners that contributed nothing to the conversation/dialogue.

Thats not a fair comparison. Drew has Eric Moulds(first round choice), Lee Evans(first round choice), Josh Reed(second round choice), Travis Henry(second round choice), Willis Mcgahee(first round choice), Mike Williams(#4 pick overall), and Jonas Jennings. RJ had Jeremy Mcdaniel, Avion Black, Kwame Cavil, Sammy Morris, Shawn Bryson, Jonathon Linton, Moulds, Peerless, Antwain Smith, Marcus Spriggs, Jerry Ostroski, Jamie Nails, Joe Panos.

Cant you see how much talent we have put around Drew trying to fix him? We pour all our resources into the offense neglecting other areas of need and what the hell do we get for it? Five games without an offensive TD last year and a whopping 20 points in two games this year. We have a kick ass defense and squander it because our offense sucks so bad. We have playmakers all over the place on offense. Problem is when you blitz us and put 8 in the box our QB cannot beat that.

RJ did not have one tenth of the talent around him that Drew has. RJ career 83.6 rating, Drew career 76.8 rating

Thats not a fair comparison.  Drew has Eric Moulds(first round choice), Lee Evans(first round choice), Josh Reed(second round choice), Travis Henry(second round choice), Willis Mcgahee(first round choice), Mike Williams(#4 pick overall), and Jonas Jennings.  RJ had Jeremy Mcdaniel, Avion Black, Kwame Cavil, Sammy Morris, Shawn Bryson, Jonathon Linton, Moulds, Peerless, Antwain Smith, Marcus Spriggs, Jerry Ostroski, Jamie Nails, Joe Panos.

Cant you see how much talent we have put around Drew trying to fix him?  We pour all our resources into the offense neglecting other areas of need and what the hell do we get for it?  Five games without an offensive TD last year and a whopping 20 points in two games this year.  We have a kick ass defense and squander it because our offense sucks so bad.  We have playmakers all over the place on offense.  Problem is when you blitz us and put 8 in the box our QB cannot beat that. 

RJ did not have one tenth of the talent around him that Drew has.  RJ career 83.6 rating, Drew career 76.8 rating

40067[/snapback]

Thanks for responding with your thoughts.

While I agree that the talent RJ had is less than what Bledsoe has, I think RJ may have had a better line.

Both QB's have decent arms, with RJ probably being a bit more accurate (from memory anyway) on the shorter passes. RJ did have mobility where Bledsoe does not, but RJ seemed to get himself injured a lot because of his poor use of mobility and poor awareness. Bledsoe has terrible awareness also, but is less fragile.

Two things I find that both of the share is that they both seem to be decent, likeable fellows (although RJ got a real bad rap in WNY) and neither of them seem to be able to effectively read a defense.

Remember with Flutie the sacks were minimal with the exact same O-line. I imagine with a QB who made quicker decisions the sacks would be much less. But turnovers are much more important than sacks--I would rather he have no INTs or fumbles than get sacked 5X/game. W/L is the ultimate stat in this game and the whole team is to blame not just the QB