Wait and See...

A regime that was hostile to the fans is gone. Ding dong, the witch is dead.

I like the idea of having Marv Levy as the General Manager...although the upcoming Letterman naptime/bingo/old folks home jokes will undoubtedly wear thin quickly (and Marv's probably in better health than Dave anyway).

Marv is the best coach this team ever had. Personally, he's my all-time favorite football coach. And I can see where Mr. Wilson is coming from. This is his team, after all. Ralph wants one last shot at a Lombardi Trophy, so why not hire the man who's been there, albeit as a coach? They've been friends going on 20 years, so we know they can work together.

I say, wait and see. If the Sunshine Boys can turn this team around, good times will be had by all.

After the debacle that was TD, we as the fans have nothing to lose.

Mike

A regime that was hostile to the fans is gone.  Ding dong, the witch is dead.

I like the idea of having Marv Levy as the General Manager...although the upcoming Letterman naptime/bingo/old folks home jokes will undoubtedly wear thin quickly (and Marv's probably in better health than Dave anyway).

Marv is the best coach this team ever had.  Personally, he's my all-time favorite football coach.  And I can see where Mr. Wilson is coming from.  This is his team, after all.  Ralph wants one last shot at a Lombardi Trophy, so why not hire the man who's been there, albeit as a coach?  They've been friends going on 20 years, so we know they can work together.

I say, wait and see.  If the Sunshine Boys can turn this team around, good times will be had by all.

After the debacle that was TD, we as the fans have nothing to lose.

Mike

556097[/snapback]

Hostile to the fans, or that the fans were hostile to?

I don't see how they were hostile to the fans. As a Backers head, I thought they could not have been better. I'm sure it'll continue, but I'm just saying... How were they bad to fans?

556111[/snapback]

People that feel they are entitiled to do whatever they want had their ball taken away.....one their parents should have taken away a LONG time ago.

Hostile to the fans, or that the fans were hostile to?

556110[/snapback]

Ha ha...nice twist.

A regime that was hostile to the fans who wanted to carry signs criticizing that regime is gone.

That's the libertarian in me...I understand it was their playground, but you don't leave your free speech rights at the door.

Mike

Regime. hahahaha

My take on the sign business is that some lackey took it upon themselves to protect his or her boss.

556125[/snapback]

Probably a security guard, or the head of security. Let WGR or the Buffalo News try to interview THEM right now.

"I was just following orders"...

So were the underlings indicted at Enron.

Mike

I agree with Matt. I actually wrote to Donahoe twice and received hand written responses from him within a week. If that isn't good relations with the Fans I don't know what is. I understand the confiscating of signs and Donahoe perhaps being a little testy and the very end but what do you expect? The whole thing was blowing up in his face I would expect that type of reaction. But overall I thought he did a great job in relation to being good to the fans

I suspect Marv is doing this to help Ralph out. That being said I think he will be a real asset in recruiting new assistant coaches, running the draft process, and especially in finding a permanent GM. I'm betting on him doing well in starting a process that will get us into the playoffs in two or three years. He's a great guy and I'm betting on him to do right by the Bills.

Hostile and bad are too very different things, he was good for the Bills in a business sense, expanding the market, increasing ticket sales blah blah blah, but kudoos go to Ralph Wilson who basically said I dont care about the money you were makin me, I just want a god damn trophy......

I live in Washington DC, and bringing Levy back to the Bills, I think will have the same effect as when Gibbs came back to the Skins,

And maybe we will see a little more no huddle, did anyone else other then me seem to catch on that JP looked real good in the no huddle offense.......

all we need now is Pete Metelarz back!!!

I suspect Marv is doing this to help Ralph out.  That being said I think he will be a real asset in recruiting new assistant coaches, running the draft process, and especially in finding a permanent GM.  I'm betting on him doing well in starting a process that will get us into the playoffs in two or three years.    He's a great guy and I'm betting on him to do right by the Bills.

556132[/snapback]

I agree with this assessment. Marv will be an asset to the Bills...overall, this may be the best thing that could have happened.

Mike

I don't see how they were hostile to the fans. As a Backers head, I thought they could not have been better. I'm sure it'll continue, but I'm just saying... How were they bad to fans?

556111[/snapback]

how about the sign banning?