We are absolutely LUCKY to have Marv -

IndyMark

I'm not sure how much credibility we had after going 5-11 in year 5 of TD's tenure. No offensive line, not much defensive line, uncertainty at the QB position, aging veterans at many other positions. Credibility? Hah!

556164[/snapback]

Regardless of the record, TD was and is a respected front office guy around the league, as well as with both players and agents. TD will have absolutely no problem getting another gig, and I would not be surprised if that team made the playoffs faster than we get back there. I hope I'm wrong about that, but I just don't believe TD was the problem.

Regardless of the record, TD was and is a respected front office guy around the league, as well as with both players and agents. TD will have absolutely no problem getting another gig, and I would not be surprised if that team made the playoffs faster than we get back there. I hope I'm wrong about that, but I just don't believe TD was the problem.

556443[/snapback]

Marv has 5 years apparently if he wants to beat out TD's new team

I...wish I could be an 1/8th as sharp as him, but the league has changed significantly since he left...

555970[/snapback]

As GM, I see bringing in the best possible personnel as the primary objective. Granted, Modrak, Mularkey, et al. will have a huge role there, but I like Marv's example from the PC about disagreeing on who to draft regarding character vs. talent.

I don't have the exact quote, but he said that they ended up drafting Shane Conlan, and the other guy they considered ended up in jail.

That part of the game has NOT passed Marv by, and I think he's perfect for that role. I have recently switched allegiances to my 2nd-favorite team (which was always FAR distant to my #1 - the Bills) because they picked up Eli "Daddy doesn't want me to play for San Diego" Manning and Jeremy Shockey, so I do believe character is important.

Go Marv, but more importantly, GO BILLS!

After seeing these press conferences the past 2 days, I'm not feeling it either. I hope I'll feel better once/if we sign some good FA's & make some nice draft picks, but right now, I already miss TD. Still think Ralph got rid of the wrong guy.

555965[/snapback]

It's not that the wrong guy was let go, it was that both (TD & MM) needed to go.