What has really changed?

LabattBlue

Our almost 90 year old owner is back to being team president...big deal.

Modrak who's primary responsibility is college scouting is still in charge of college scouting...whoopee.

John Guy is still in charge of pro player personnel...now I'm getting excited.

MM is back...no comment

TC has been fired...so what. MM was calling the plays for the 2nd half of last year anyways; status quo.

The only significant change is the one yet to be announced, which is Levy will be the new GM/Director of Football Operations...I love Marv, but where is his experience as a front office person and don't tell me about what he did in the CFL. That garage league is a couple of notches below division III football.

Call me negative, but where do I find the optimism in the moves stated above?

Modrak who's primary responsibility is college scouting is still in charge of college scouting...whoopee.

MM is back...no comment

TC has been fired...so what.  MM was calling the plays for the 2nd half of last year anyways; status quo.

The only significant change is the one yet to be announced, which is Levy will be the new  GM/Director of Football Operations...I love Marv, but where is his experience as a front office person and don't tell me about what he did in the CFL.  That garage league is a couple of notches below division III football.

Call me negative, but where do I find the optimism in  the moves stated above?

554057[/snapback]

Labatt, I just trust that Marv will get ir done! :huh: He's a smart man knows football and how to build are lines back to what they were. He's also a good judge of talent and from what I hear BEFORE anyone said he was getting this job is that he still has bounds of energy and takes very good care of himself. Relax. I think with Levy, Modrak, OC and DC we'll start winning again. Of corse I would have liked a new head coach :doh: but it's possible it could have set us back a couple of years.

As much as I love Ralph and Marv, I don't know how open they'll be to change.

The league's changed a lot since Marv has been involved and I don't know if he can adapt.

Both Ralph and Marv and in superior physical condition and of course are very bright. But all this sounds like Ralph not wanting to bring "outsiders" into the organization who might challenge his mindset. Who was the last "big name" coach that Ralph brought in? Chuck Knox. I think Ralph's had a bad taste in his mouth ever since.

At least some change was made. I also can't imagine Marv having to deal with contract negotiations and the more "business-type" stuff that the GM has to put up with. In Buffalo he focused only on coaching.

Guess we're going to find out one way or the other.....

MM is back...no comment

TC has been fired...so what.  MM was calling the plays for the 2nd half of last year anyways; status quo.

The only significant change is the one yet to be announced, which is Levy will be the new  GM/Director of Football Operations...I love Marv, but where is his experience as a front office person and don't tell me about what he did in the CFL.  That garage league is a couple of notches below division III football.

Call me negative, but where do I find the optimism in  the moves stated above?

554057[/snapback]

I hate to jump on your negativity train but, sadly, I really can't disagree with any of your points. I loved when Marv was our coach but an 80 year old GM is not the answer. :huh: