My report from the Goal line in Oakland

Mark Vader

I've had a full day to digest everything that happened yesterday, here is my take.

Positives(there really were some).

Most of the good things happened because of the defense. Fletcher & Spikes were everywhere on the field.

The run defense was outstanding.

The brightest moment in the game was early in the 3rd quarter, when the defense held the Raiders to a FG after they had made an INT return to the 12.

The Punt fake was excellent, the Raiders were completey taken by surprise.

I liked Moulds lining up in the QB spot, even if they only got 3 yards.

Great concentration by Moulds on his TD catch.

Lindell made a FG.

Negatives.

Alright all you Bledsoe haters you will love this, Bledsoe was awful. At the same time he was'nt the only one who was terrible. He was rattled by the pressure, 7 sacks will do that. And 3 or 4 passes that short hop the receivers is inexcusable. :doh:

Travis Henry, I am a fan of his, but dammit, he should have caught that ball that turned into an INT. I do'nt care how hard the ball was thrown, he should have caught that. :doh:

Speaking of catches, I feel that everyone of our WR's need to desperately work on catching passes, these next 2 weeks. There must have been 5 or 6 dropped balls in this game. :P

As solid as the O-Line looked against the Jags, they were torn apart against the Raiders. Even before Villarial got hurt. :P

The most embarrasing play came from the defense, their biggest mistake all day. The TD to Ron Curry. Rashad Baker gets no sympathy, he was well out of place. Lets not forget that the TD occured when it was 3rd & a mile for the Raiders. INEXCUSABLE!!! :angry:

A great kick return by McGee & a great punt return by Clements were wiped away by penalties. :angry:

I was excited to finally see the 3 WR 2-back set with Henry & McGahee together in the backfield. What did it produce? 2 sacks and a 3 yard run. :doh:

How the hell could the officials not call that holding play in the endzone?!! Spikes was taken down in the endzone, and then the flag comes down, and they say it started at the one?! :angry:

After the brilliant fake punt play, the Bills did not get one positive yard. :angry:

That pretty much sums it all up. I am not going to abandon this team, but they must get their act together. Yesterday was a replay of last year's Dallas game. I first thought the bye week coming the 3rd week of the season for the Bills sucked, now I think it is the best time for it. They will need everything working for them against the Patriots, and it is another must-win situation.

Finally I would like to say that had a great time with all the other Bills fans, Ken, Scotty, Dee, Kevin, Steve, Ed, and the Raider Nation was very cool with us. The Raider fans even joined in on our tailgate. We around some great fans in ths stadium as well, although one fan would not shut up. After the game was over, I took some major heat from the fans, but you have to expect that.

Now I have Seattle to look forward too, and hopefully I have a winning Bills team to look forward to also.

It hurts now, but in two weeks, I will be ready for the Bills to rip Tom Brady's head off, and end the consecutive winning streak. Hey they ended Jerry Rice's streak, why not?

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!