Should trade a RB now

jahnyc

I know the timing sounds crazy, but to get maximum value the Bills should consider trading Henry or McGahee now for the following reasons:

1. With our problems on the o-line and at QB, our running backs may have poor seasons. The yards gained, yards per carry and tds scored by our rbs may be very low. This will negatively impact any trade value for either Henry or McGahee after this season.

2. Henry and McGahee are under contract for next year, but does anyone believe that they can co-exist for another year? Won't McGahee complain more next year if he is not the starter? Henry is proud, how would he react? If there was a holdout situation next year, that could hurt our leverage in a trade.

3. A team with playoff level talent that has an injured running back may be willing to pay more now for a quality running back replacement.

4. I assume we drafted McGahee to play, not sit on the bench. I also assume that we could not recoup a number one pick if we traded McGahee. Henry has a proven track record and probably has more trade value.

I know the timing sounds crazy, but to get maximum value the Bills should consider trading Henry or McGahee now for the following reasons:

1.  With our problems on the o-line and at QB, our running backs may have poor seasons.  The yards gained, yards per carry and tds scored by our rbs may be very low.  This will negatively impact any trade value for either Henry or McGahee after this season.

2.  Henry and McGahee are under contract for next year, but does anyone believe that they can co-exist for another year?  Won't McGahee complain more next year if he is not the starter?  Henry is proud, how would he react?  If there was a holdout situation next year, that could hurt our leverage in a trade.

3.  A team with playoff level talent that has an injured running back may be willing to pay more now for a quality running back replacement.

4.  I assume we drafted McGahee to play, not sit on the bench.  I also assume that we could not recoup a number one pick if we traded McGahee.  Henry has a proven track record and probably has more trade value.

38964[/snapback]

I say we trade our defense to KC for theirs and build a SuperTeam in Kansas City. They would get the first 2 playoff games and we would get the AFC Championship game. KC and Buffalo. Think of the fans and the tailgates.

Who do you think would give up what for Travis Henry right now?  Best I think we could hope for is a 3rd round pick from Miami.  And that'd only be bad news.

38967[/snapback]

are you smoking crack or something. A 3rd rounder for a 2x 1400 yrd RB? Maybe a 1st & 3rd.

Dolphins gave up a 3rd for the Rams 3rd string RB, right? That puts it into perspective. No?

Wake up Buffalo the real #1 problem on this team is TRAVIS HENRY. Why you ask? Because he is directly responsible for alot of negative plays resulting in punts or INT'S or fumbles. For example in the first half Travis #1) totally whiffs on a block causing a sack( this was not the O-LINE) and the result was PUNT, #2) Falls down twice on consecutive plays when the hole was there and the result was PUNT, #3)Lets a pass right to him go threw his hands and the result is INT, #4) When we go for it at the goal line on fourth down he falls down again when he should of scored and the result was TURNOVER ON DOWNS. This was four drives that stood out that Travis was the direct cause of the drive failure. I am not saying Henry is the only problem. I am not saying the O-LINE is not a problem. I am not saying Bledsoe is not a problem. I am saying that HENRY IS THE # 1 REASON WHY BUFFALO SUCKS ON OFFENSE.