Kerry Flip Flops - AGAIN

RunTheBall

Kerry gave a speech in NY today and stated with an "emphatic NO!" that the war with Iraq was wrong.

YOU IDIOT, YOU VOTED FOR IT! And then said a month ago that even knowing now what he knew then, he would have voted for it. He also stated a month ago that the war was justified but not carried out correctly. Now the war isn't jusitified.

This guy is toast. I enjoy watching this rich, liberal, elitist shmuck Rosen and burn. Goodbye John, and take your ambulance chasing scum ball vice presidential candidate with you.

Hillary in 2008, and she'll get her ass kicked too.

RunTheBall

I could not have forecasted this flip flop. Heck he had already been on three or four different sides of this issue, and this is the third time alone that he has changed his stance on this particular subject. At this rate he may get gack around to fully 100% iron clad support. My guess is that should happen in about....2.5 weeks from today. Write it down. :doh:

Kerry gave a speech in NY today and stated with an "emphatic NO!" that the war with Iraq was wrong.

YOU IDIOT, YOU VOTED FOR IT! And then said a month ago that even knowing now what he knew then, he would have voted for it. He also stated a month ago that the war was justified but not carried out correctly. Now the war isn't jusitified.

This guy is toast. I enjoy watching this rich, liberal, elitist shmuck Rosen and burn. Goodbye John, and take your ambulance chasing scum ball vice presidential candidate with you.

Hillary in 2008, and she'll get her ass kicked too.

RunTheBall

38924[/snapback]

Actually, Kerry did NOT vote for the war- he voted for the President to have the power to declare war if deemed necessary. Kerry, nor any of the conservatives or liberals had the power to actually vote on a war.

Actually, Kerry did NOT vote for the war- he voted for the President to have the power to declare war if deemed necessary. Kerry, nor any of the conservatives or liberals had the power to actually vote on a war.

39812[/snapback]

IIRC, Congress has the power to declare war. But they like to hide behind Presidential skirts. Accesories before the fact.

I guess it depends on what the meaning of "is", is... ;)

IIRC, Congress has the power to declare war. But they like to hide behind Presidential skirts.  Accesories before the fact.

I guess it depends on what the meaning of "is", is... ;)

39820[/snapback]

Only Congress can actually declare war. What Kerry voted on was not a declaration of war, it was a motion to give the President the ability to use force if necessary in Iraq. The force to be used is deliberately vague and could have ranged from strengthening or expanding the no fly zones to actually putting boots on the ground in Iraq. He, and many others, voted affirmatively to give this power to Mr. Bush with the understanding that Mr. Bush would try all diplomatic avenues available to him and would get the backing of the UN Security Council before he invaded, should it come to that.