After a full season on his own...

Kipers Hair

Sure it is.  Benny Anderson can't move out of his own shadow and for all his good potential, Peters doesn't run block nearly as effectively as he pass blocks.  The lack of any push in short yardage last week was embarassing for an NFL line. 

IMO, this group is much less effective run blocking than any in the TD era.  And the lack of a credible passing game makes that weakness even more glaring.

546503[/snapback]

and for all of his flaws, ruben brown was -- and still is -- an *excellent* run blocker.

To answer your own question, why don't you start by reading your screen name. Then, you could check out these stats, which only tell a portion of the ugly story of Travis Henry. Don't be too surprised if TH is out of football in a year or so.

Willis is clearly superior to TH in every phase of the running back position.

546549[/snapback]

I'll take that dare. Let's look at their first three seasons and see who gave us our moneys worth 3/4's of the way through their contracts:

Season 1 TH 729 3.4 179 rec, WM 0 0 0 rec

Season 2 TH 1,438 4.4 309 rec, WM 1,128 4.0 169 rec

Season 3 TH 1,356 4.1 158 rec, WM 1,134 3.7 156 rec (15 games)

TH cost a 2nd round pick, WM a 1st round pick. TH had a 4 year deal for $2.296m, WM has a 4 year deal for $15.528m.

The way I figure it we payed Travis Henry $413.05 for every yard he contributed. Willis Macgahee gets paid $5,809.20 for that same yard.

As for whether TH will be out of football next year, sure - NFL runningback careers only average a few seasons anyway, so 5 and done is not surprising. The question is, what have we seen from WM that makes us so sure he'll be playing in 5 years? Every season brings new stars with fresh legs.

I'm not someone who's going to pretend to be an expert on the Xs and Os. I can only tell you what I think from what I've seen on my TV and the few games I could attend in person.

And that is that it seems like Travis Henry ran hard on every down. In our 3-13 season when he was a rookie, I remember being quite impressed in how he was one of the few players out there still giving it his all even though the team had nothing to play for.

Willis McGahee, on the other hand, looks to me like he isn't always running as hard as he can. Maybe it's the injury, maybe it's because he doesn't like the cold, I don't know. I'm not going to pretend I know why he does things, I can only observe what he's done, okay?

And to say that the offensive line for Henry was better than McGahee is absurd. Both have run behind poor lines and we all know this.

Here's the bottom line (always have to include this on TSW :) ). You can say Henry wasn't worthy because of his off field problems or because he wasn't a good blocker or whatever else. Henry wasn't the second-coming of Thurman. But at this point Willis McGahee hasn't shown me to be an upgrade over Henry.

Henry played with heart and I'll always respect a player that does that more than someone who supposedly has more talent but rarely shows it.