Worse win in Buffalo Bills history

bluv

I think the Bungles arent the Bungles 'til they prove otherwise. I was out with friends Sat. And I had a GREAT time and believe me that was NOT a bad win! I am genuinely concerned about next year. And Ive never been to BuffaloBills.com but if they show the same amount of knowledge and insight as I do I may have to check them out.

Peace out Stl

Fair enough, I don't know why everyone gets so stressed about losing draft spots though because if we were picking in the top 5 we'd end up paying out the ass for whoever we draft (see Mike Williams). Take that money and throw it at a player like Lecharles or Hutchinson who has proven they can cut it in this league.

Seriously, how could that win set us back two years?  Gotta keep the faith

543305[/snapback]

How can it set us back? It has divided the team that is how. Before this game most fans on this borad were behind JP with a few naysayers as most felt that Holcomb was mostly a stat guy who threw mostly checkdown passes. Now that he finally had a game where he actually put up yards instead of completion percentage people will begin to look at the stats and begin to act like the Bills were fools to stick with JP as he is awful and that Holcomb should have started all along when most of us who have watched all the games know that the stats don't mean everything. They even have the QB's win loss records off as while KH started against KC JP came ina nd won the game but it doesn't count as a win for a start. Throw in the Miami meltdown with the close loss to Carolina and then while JP play did pick up he will look awful to the outsiders. And next year it will cause so chaos as to who our starter would be. Let's say that JP played and we lost to the Bengals; this would have just been a learning curve; a lost to a playoff team and if we start him next year then there won't be much controversy. But now no matter which one starts if they don't light up the scoreboard there will be much second guessing.

My biggest concern is that with this win, some may consider that this team is ready to win now and we should go with KH. But as most of us who have watched the games know that KH is more of a manager of the game and that JP has talent and more upside; I mean since his second arrival his feet have been much more settled in the pocket and most of his incompletes have been throw aways with no pass protection or running game whatsoever and with experience he will be a good QB. If we struggle with KH and then JP comes in green and struggles then it will be he should have been playing all along; if his play picks up at the end of the season they will try to sell him to us all over again in 2007. Now if JP starts next year and still struggles then the flood gates will really be let out that KH is the better QB and he will not be given the chance to develop and he will be given up on by the media and the fans. The KH that we have saw play against Denver and in the earlier games in the season is the one I expect as he really has no upside. If we go with KH then we should have stuck with Drew (who I can't stand BTW!) Since we have invested in Jp and he has shown potential these past few weeks besides the Pats game, I would rather see him get at least a chance to develop, at least one more season before we give up on him and look for a new QB. As we all know KH is not the QB of the future for us and most would agree. But a fluke game like that at the end of the seaosn will get all these what if scenarios started and set us back a year or two.

All I can say is that if KH proves me wrong, then I will be wrong and this statement I made about this game would look foolish as some have said. But if he is the QB I think he is then he would put up stats but no points or W's on an average team.

It has divided the team that is how.

543899[/snapback]

Huh. As far as I can tell, only one player of the roster is rooting against KH. To a man, every interview I've heard with players talking about Holcomb is that he gives them a chance to win. I've not heard that said about JP yet...only that he's talented, learning, blah blah blah.

The bottom line is that players want to win now, especially the vets like EM. They don't want to have their season sacrificed so a "QB of the future" can get potty trained on playing in the NFL.

Huh.  As far as I can tell, only one player of the roster is rooting against KH.  To a man, every interview I've heard with players talking about Holcomb is that he gives them a chance to win.  I've not heard that said about JP yet...only that he's talented, learning, blah blah blah.

The bottom line is that players want to win now, especially the vets like EM.  They don't want to have their season sacrificed so a "QB of the future" can get potty trained on playing in the NFL.

543910[/snapback]

Divided you say? Not necessarily the players and management (though I'm sure there is some of that); look at the posts on this board and links on TwoBillsDrive; there are more and more posts in favor of going with KH based mainly off this one great game and pretty much average other games with great completion percentage. As far as the veterans go, if they wanted to win NOW then they should have played like it. And if they did then there wouldn't be an issue because if the running game and D played like they were suppose to then JP wouldn't be expected to win games. If they played to win NOW and JP was playing awful and holding the team back I would more embrace a move to KH to at least give us a chance. But KH can't win games either as he is only a game manager. JP if given a chance could win games for us, especially if they opened up the playbook for when they have he has shown he can make every throw possible. Every since he has came back from his demotion those inaccurate wild throws he made earlier in the season when he had happy feet have disappeared as most of his incompletes have been throw away passes. With KH and his abilities we will only be an average team. WHo knows with JP; at least he has the talent and has shown glimpses.

But KH can't win games either as he is only a game manager.

544061[/snapback]

Third down conversions win games and KH converts them better than JP. And doing so helps the D "do its job," as you say, by keeping them from getting worn down in the second half.

The vets know this and that's why there is no "divide."

Third down conversions win games and KH converts them better than JP.  And doing so helps the D "do its job," as you say, by keeping them from getting worn down in the second half.

The vets know this and that's why there is no "divide."

544150[/snapback]

If KH played so great then there wouldn't be any naysaying on my part about his play. But you can look his stats all you want but his play besides from the Bengals game has been average, nothing special. If all this team needed was average QB play then I'm all for KH. But we need more than that and if the playcalling was better, more balanced, and opened up I believe based on what I have seen from JP believe he can be better than average; I just don't get that feeling with KH. Anytime a QB checks down to a 2 yard pass on 4th and 9 he has no guts!

Huh.  As far as I can tell, only one player of the roster is rooting against KH.  To a man, every interview I've heard with players talking about Holcomb is that he gives them a chance to win.  I've not heard that said about JP yet...only that he's talented, learning, blah blah blah.

The bottom line is that players want to win now, especially the vets like EM.  They don't want to have their season sacrificed so a "QB of the future" can get potty trained on playing in the NFL.

543910[/snapback]

Excuse me for a stupid question, but which player is that?