What did Saturdays win really accomplish?

twist_to_open

Now that the buzz has worn off, I feel we're left with alot more questions than answers.

What does this "showing" against a playoff caliber team do for our GM and coach?

Is it a testament to our head coach that we played with so much heart?

Do we really need to be held hostage by Nate Clements and his $ demands?

Who do we invest in as our starting QB next year?

Where did I leave my paints?

I for one have not forgotten the dismal 13 weeks that preceeded this.

It means nothing. Wait what it actually means to me is that MM should be replaced. It showed me that when the pressure is off the Bills can play with anyone. It showed me that they can beat good teams in their house WHEN THEY WANT TO. It makes me sad to look back and wonder what the hell happened to this team the other 10 weeks. It's hard for me to understand how some people can say "He saved his job by beating the Bengals." So the way the Bills collapsed from a 21 point lead in Miami, the embarrassing blowout in San Diego, to the Pats at home don't count? It was 1 game. We have watched his bad play calling all year. This team had the talent to at least go 9-7. Get a new GM if he wants to keep MM for another year and give him a short leash fine but most likely he will want his own man. Get rid of the players who don't care about the team like Willis, Sam and Williams. Change the roster to reflect every player on the same page even if it makes a lot of heads turn.

It means nothing. Wait what it actually means to me is that MM should be replaced. It showed me that when the pressure is off the Bills can play with anyone. It showed me that they can beat good teams in their house WHEN THEY WANT TO. It makes me sad to look back and wonder what the hell happened to this team the other 10 weeks. It's hard for me to understand how some people can say "He saved his job by beating the Bengals." So the way the Bills collapsed from a 21 point lead in Miami, the embarrassing blowout in San Diego, to the Pats at home don't count? It was 1 game. We have watched his bad play calling all year. This team had the talent to at least go 9-7. Get a new GM if he wants to keep MM for another year and give him a short leash fine but most likely he will want his own man. Get rid of the players who don't care about the team like Willis, Sam and Williams. Change the roster to reflect every player on the same page even if it makes a lot of heads turn.

542927[/snapback]

Thanks for the affirmation, but I seriously wonder about MM and this whole p!ssing contest with Big Sam and EM, but I agree when were 5-10 some serious changes must be made!!

I'll tell you what the win meant for me:

1) I accussed this club of being the worst in franchise history; just for the mere fact that, even in worse record seasons, the Bills were always able to come up with one big win, or two.

2) The win showed they actually do have some heart.

3) The win showed they actually do have some pride.

4) After seeing every single season in franchise history, the win was one of to biggest upsets and eventhough mularkey said he was only happy for the players, many of the players said they were happy for the fans.

5) The win showed they MAY not be as bad as they have looked all season.

6) The win shows the players have not given up totally and some of them do have some respect for their profession.

7) The win shows the "coaches" can plan for a game.

All said and done, the question I ask is: Did they win to help with their pride issues, or did they win because their jobs are on the line????

Now that the buzz has worn off, I feel we're left with alot more questions than answers.

What does this "showing" against a playoff caliber team do for our GM and coach?

Is it a testament to our head coach that we played with so much heart?

Do we really need to be held hostage by Nate Clements and his $ demands?

Who do we invest in as our starting QB next year?

Where did I leave my paints?

I for one have not forgotten the dismal 13 weeks that preceeded this.

542894[/snapback]

It proved that the Bills can not even tank the season right.