Really-What is the BIlls Problem?

Poeticlaw

Im starting to see alot of whining from everyone who usually are somewhat educated in their responses.

First, I believe alot of us are correct in stating that TD needs to go. I turly believe this for a variety of reasons.

1. His 5 year plan stated playoffs-Missed

2. Hired Greg Williams-Missed

3. Drafted Mike Williams with the highest pick the Bills have had in years-Missed

4. Never improved the offensive line in his tenure-BIG MISS

5. Kept brittle RJ over a team favorite and proven winner-Missed

6. Thought we would be better off without Big Pat Williams-Missed

7. Thought our rookie qb who had a broken leg a majority of the previous season was ready over a qb who was one game away from playoff contention after a 0-4 start-Missed

8. Trading away our best backup option at RB and not replacing him with a viable option-Big MISS

9. Drafts players who have never played in snow-to play in BUFFALO- HUGE MISS.

TD came from a successful tenure in Pittsburgh-right? Well Pittsburgh has been succesful over the last 5 years, Buffalo was succesful until TD arrived-So waht makes him the great GM that we cannot do without. I think hes power hungry and controls every minute aspect of the team.

I know we would like to hang MM for the job this season but give him another year without TD before we do that. As long as he gets an Offensive coordinator and a Defensive cordinator he might do a fairly good Job. Not too mention the fact that the QB troubles stem around Eric Moulds-he wants the ball and he wants Holcomb hes been here for ten years and he wil get what he wants because he is Eric Moulds. We will se a purely different team without him next year. I know he wil be hard to replace. But players are replaced every year and new names become househod names, we need to take the risk.

Not to mention Belechik was a losing Head coach for the browns and a loser his first 2 years with the Patriots 3 years is a good measure for the head coach. IF he fails next season then we axe him.

Jerry Gray has always been a bad coordinator except GW masked it for his 3 years and Dick Lebeu masked it last year. Dick lebeu wasthe best coordinator we could have possibly had and we lost him to keep Gray who has shown this year how bad he really his.

Next year without a doubt is going to be painful to watch but if they put the right peices together 2007 will be our competetive year.

A new line, young qbs/wr/RB and defense we could becme a forcible team.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9. Drafts players who have never played in snow-to play in BUFFALO- HUGE MISS.

Favre grew up in Mississippi, played for Southern Mississippi and is now considered on of the great cold weather QBs.

OJ Simpson was born and raised in San Fran and played for USC....

Those are off the top of my head. Saying you can't draft a guy because he never played in the snow is just plain dumb.

8. Trading away our best backup option at RB and not replacing him with a viable option-Big MISS
What in the world? That's one of the few things TD has done right. Henry sucks and never was nor never will be a good running back. I bet the guy never rushes for over 400 yard in a season again. He took this nothing player and turned him into a high 3rd round pick.

Not to mention that Travis absolutely refused to play in Buffalo anymore. So taking a guy that will not play for your team and getting a pick for him is also impressive.

7. Thought our rookie qb who had a broken leg a majority of the previous season was ready over a qb who was one game away from playoff contention after a 0-4 start-Missed

No - I'd give him a WIN on that one. Look at how Bledsoe is showing his true colors when the season is on the line in Dallas. This team would still be 4-10 with him here...

3. Drafted Mike Williams with the highest pick the Bills have had in years-Missed
We've already established that you cannot fault TD for MW being a bust. Every scout/writer/fan/coach and football player thought that either MW or McKinnie should be taken with our pick. Nobody saw this coming. Not you, not Nostradomus, not the Easter Bunny... nobody.

... your list of 9 things is shrinking very quickly.

What in the world? That's one of the few things TD has done right. Henry sucks and never was nor never will be a good running back. I bet the guy never rushes for over 400 yard in a season again. He took this nothing player and turned him into a high 3rd round pick.

Not to mention that Travis absolutely refused to play in Buffalo anymore. So taking a guy that will not play for your team and getting a pick for him is also impressive.

539238[/snapback]

Sorry, have to agree- Pint sized Shaud Williams is not a legit back-up. That was a major priority in training camp. Huge Miss.

Sorry, have to agree- Pint sized Shaud Williams is not a legit back-up. That was a major priority in training camp. Huge Miss.

539260[/snapback]

Uhm... and Travis Henry... who moved to Florida and refused to step foot in our city would have made a good backup? Yeah I bet he'd gain tons of yards for us sitting on his couch while the rest of the team is at The Ralph playing the game.

Look, a GM shouldn't be judged on his draft choices and trades as if each one had to be perfect. The question is whether he produces playoff teams. TD hasn't done it here and this is HIS team which will finish the season with 4 or 5 wins. We can argue all day, but the fact is his record has been unacceptable by almost any standards. MM in part has the same problem, but hasn't shown any real upside that would justify keeping him. I don't think MM's performance as a game day coach week in and week out would justify any hope that he could coach a playoff team.

Look, a GM shouldn't be judged on his draft choices and trades as if each one had to be perfect.  The question is whether he produces playoff teams.  TD hasn't done it here and this is HIS team which will finish the season with 4 or 5 wins.  We can argue all day, but the fact is his record has been unacceptable by almost any standards.  MM in part has the same problem, but hasn't shown any real upside that would  justify keeping him.  I don't think MM's performance as a game day coach week in and week out would justify any hope that he could coach a playoff team.

539276[/snapback]

At least somebody here is using their brain to argue a point. Not at all like poeticlaw, who probably composed his posts using some sort of monkey at a typewriter technique.

I know we would like to hang MM for the job this season but give him another year without TD before we do that. As long as he gets an Offensive coordinator and a Defensive cordinator he might do a fairly good Job. Not too mention the fact that the QB troubles stem around Eric Moulds-he wants the ball and he wants Holcomb hes been here for ten years and he wil get what he wants because he is Eric Moulds. We will se a purely different team without him next year. I know he wil be hard to replace. But players are replaced every year and new names become househod names, we need to take the risk.

539202[/snapback]

I may be off base on this ..... but I don't necessarily want MM fired for his w/l record, or onfield performance this season ..... IMHO ..... head coaches like QB's WRs etc need to learn as they go ..... with any "new kid" you are going to have a learning curve, so I'm willing to give a new head coach a free pass for a little bit.

The reason I DO want him fired is his seemingly childish style of interpersonal relationships.

Drew publicly states he doesn't want to "hand over" the starting QB job to "the kid" without a competition for it ..... and he's cut, without a viable "plan B" at QB, to me smacks of MM showing Bledsoe whos boss

I thought MM striped the OC of playcalling responsibilities because of piss poor uninspired play calling in addition to bone headed trick plays ... but since MM has been calling the plays I've seen no difference .... I suspect a confilt of opinion, and MM pulls the "I'm the boss and you're in time out card".

I think the Handling of Sam Adams is purely MM showing Sam who's the boss

I think the handling of the Moulds thing is purely MM showing Eric who's boss

I suspect Mike Williams was embarressed at Left Guard, and then left to languish on the bench, is MM making an example of MW.

I suspect the whole JP/KH starter thing is some kind of "show of power".

MM can not only NOT lead a team ..... he can't even "play nice" with his teammates.

539238[/snapback]

I dont totally agree.. if TH sucked and will never again get over 400 yards.. why did TD pick him in the second round.. i don't see how wasting a 2nd round to just trade it for a 3rd later is a good move

Uhm... and Travis Henry... who moved to Florida and refused to step foot in our city would have made a good backup? Yeah I bet he'd gain tons of yards for us sitting on his couch while the rest of the team is at The Ralph playing the game.

539264[/snapback]

I didn't mention Travis Henry. The organization failed to hire a legitemate back up.

That was a priorty in training camp.

Not to be a Travis Henry apologist or anything but are you fuggin stupid. In the two complete seasons he started here he had two years of over 1300 yards (one over 1400) with double digit touchdowns in both years. He also ran like he weighed about 240lbs and played through some pretty bad injuries. He didn't want to play here because he was being replaced. I'm so glad TD was able to turn a second round draft pick into a high third round pick. Maybe he can turn next years high first into a late second in 2008. I had no problem letting Travis go because the bridges had been burned and there was no future for him in Buffalo. I don't know how much success he will have in the future but don't get it twisted, while he was here he was a VERY GOOD back.

Not to be a Travis Henry apologist or anything but are you fuggin stupid.  In the two complete seasons he started here he had two years of over 1300 yards (one over 1400) with double digit touchdowns in both years.  He also ran like he weighed about 240lbs and played through some pretty bad injuries.  He didn't want to play here because he was being replaced.  I'm so glad TD was able to turn a second round draft pick into a high third round pick.  Maybe he can turn next years high first into a late second in 2008.  I had no problem letting Travis go because the bridges had been burned and there was no future for him in Buffalo.  I don't know how much success he will have in the future but don't get it twisted, while he was here he was a VERY GOOD back.

539322[/snapback]

YUP.

Not to be a Travis Henry apologist or anything but are you fuggin stupid.  In the two complete seasons he started here he had two years of over 1300 yards (one over 1400) with double digit touchdowns in both years.  He also ran like he weighed about 240lbs and played through some pretty bad injuries.  He didn't want to play here because he was being replaced.  I'm so glad TD was able to turn a second round draft pick into a high third round pick.  Maybe he can turn next years high first into a late second in 2008.  I had no problem letting Travis go because the bridges had been burned and there was no future for him in Buffalo.  I don't know how much success he will have in the future but don't get it twisted, while he was here he was a VERY GOOD back.

539322[/snapback]

IF he was that great of a back while he was here... WHY draft WM? Makes no sense to me. I agree TH has some good years.. but the fact is: A second round pick was traded to pick up a 3rd.. for what? Why? So the Bills could draft WM. Just another example of poor team management.

BTW, I'm glad the Bills replaced a 1400 yard back with double diget touchdowns with a WM... whoops I forgot, he is the best back in the league.. my bad

I knew I'd step on toes with that "never has been" stuff regarding Henry.

I just forgot how much I have defending myself on it. In short.. he was the RB on a pass happy team. His yards were not tough yards.

Anyways forget that and lets focus on the future of Travis Henry. Does anyone here really think he'll get over 400 yards again?

We got Henry for a 2nd rounder. Got 3 years of wear and tear out of him, and then traded him for a 3rd rounder. Thats pretty awesome. I wish we could get value like that out of all of our players. How many of you would just love a 2nd rounder traded to us for Mike Williams?

I just forgot how much I have defending myself on it. In short.. he was the RB on a pass happy team. His yards were not tough yards.

Anyways forget that and lets focus on the future of Travis Henry. Does anyone here really think he'll get over 400 yards again?

We got Henry for a 2nd rounder. Got 3 years of wear and tear out of him, and then traded him for a 3rd rounder. Thats pretty awesome. I wish we could get value like that out of all of our players. How many of you would just love a 2nd rounder traded to us for Mike Williams?

539376[/snapback]

YUP.

539376[/snapback]

At this point.. i'd love to get any draft pick for Williams.. But that is my complaint. I know the draft is a crap shoot.. and not every draft pick will work out.. But if you are going to be a GM that doesn't always draft for need... the picks that you make out of a dire need on your team have to pan out.

I'm not happy that drafting TH in the 2nd round has not worked out long term for his team..

I'm not happy drafting MW has not worked out well for this team

I'm not going to go through the past five years worth of drafts.. but TD hasn't dont well managing this team.. I doubt many would disagree. So please forgive me for not finding comfort in getting a 3rd for TH (well, until draft day.. provides for added excitement).