JP

vegas55

MM is trying to be coy here.

Either...

1. JP is fine and will start, and MM is just sending up a smoke screen for a "competetive advantage"

or

2. JP's injury is more severe than they are letting on.

539478[/snapback]

Or:

3. Mularkey has decided that Losman is a long ways off from being a competent NFL QB, has realized that a win over playoff-bound Cincy might save his job, and has decided that Holcomb gives him the best chance to win.

JDG - And I honestly don't know which is true......

JDG,

That may be true, but if MM is putting all of his hopes on Kelly Holcomb, then he is even dumber than any of us thought.

Personally, I want JP back on the field ASAP. I'm not convinced that he's rid his mind of that horrible game-turning interception that he threw at the goal line against Miami. Any positive progress he can make going forward would mean bigger kudos (from me at least) to MM than praying that Kelly can somehow muster a victory.

JDG,

That may be true, but if MM is putting all of his hopes on Kelly Holcomb, then he is even dumber than any of us thought.

Personally, I want JP back on the field ASAP. I'm not convinced that he's rid his mind of that horrible game-turning interception that he threw at the goal line against Miami. Any positive progress he can make going forward would mean bigger kudos (from me at least) to MM than praying that Kelly can somehow muster a victory.

539488[/snapback]

Dumber? I'm not at all convinced that Losman gives us a better chance to win *this* week than Holcomb does.

And if Mularkey is worried about being fired at the end of the season if he doesn't get a win, then why would he be concerned about developing Losman for someone else's future?

JDG

Or:

3. Mularkey has decided that Losman is a long ways off from being a competent NFL QB, has realized that a win over playoff-bound Cincy might save his job, and has decided that Holcomb gives him the best chance to win.

JDG - And I honestly don't know which is true......

539482[/snapback]

What on Earth makes you think that if Ralph is inclined to clean house, that a win over Cincy will change anything? Why should it?

If he is inclined to stand pat, a loss wouldn't change anything either.

How about this for a theory? Moulds is basically holding Mularkey hostage by refusing to play if Losman plays because of deeply rooted personal problems. Mularkey knows that another circus would absolutely cost him his job and is letting the inmate run the asylum is a desperate grasp to keep his job.

FYI....I have no idea if this is true but I can make stuff up to.

What on Earth makes you think that if Ralph is inclined to clean house, that a win over Cincy will change anything?  Why should it?

If he is inclined to stand pat, a loss wouldn't change anything either.

This is only true if you presume that Ralph has already made his decision - which Mularkey may not presume.

JDG