[OT] Your Home ?

Repulsif

I could never live anywhere's else besides South Louisiana. I've thought about what life would be like elswhere, but the food, culture, and hospitality sucks me back in.

539750[/snapback]

And we're all glad you successfully rode out Katrina a few months back.

I like where I live...mostly in the summer. This winter's been a bee-yatch so far.

Mike

I like east tennessee.  Blue Ridge Mountains, breathtaking beauty, fantastic TVA lakes for boating and fishing, Great Medical Center, Skiing in the mountains half an hour away, but 41 degrees and perfect golf weather today. Live in the town where Davy Crocket grew up, Andrew Jackson and Sam Houston practiced law and a few miles from where President Andrew Johnson was a tailor. 6 hours from the ocean and 90 minutes from Knoxville.  No income tax. Very little crime, housing cheap, nice quality of life.  Almost heaven...

Last year I lived in Kyiv Ukraine. Great metro system, great and inexpensive opera two blocks away.  A revolution (I don't think they do that every year). Lots of history.

538877[/snapback]

That's an nice part of the country. Wife's family is from there. If I had to pick somewhere other than Buffalo/WNY, I'd go there.

I'm in Atlanta now. Take away the big city crap, it'd be a nice place to live. But since I can't do that, I guess the right answer is "it's work."

I live in Rochester NY.  I like it a lot but am not enthralled with it.

I absolutely love all that NY State has but I hate living in NY State.

If my wife wasn't so close to her family, we would be moving to the northern part of North Carolina.

(or Eastern Tenn., where i could be close to Tennyboy!)

539057[/snapback]

Come on down. The barbecue and the bluegrass are waiting!

Actually I spent many years in Rochester (worked at SUNY Brockport and lived in Hilton) Son played football, hockey and baseball for Aquinas. I used to run in the race at the Lilac Festival, and their was a great art show in the summer. Had a lot of involvement in the founding of the International Museum of Photography. I liked Rochester. Not Buffalo, of course, but a nice city.