Worst Division in Football?

Fencesitter

Not only have the Bills been, umm, "disappointing" this year, the AFC east has a shot at having the worst record in the league depending what happens with the NFC west in their non-division games the final two weeks (only AFC east non-dvision left is Bills-Cincy and Phins-Titans). So does this mean we are a really lousy team in a really lousy division or just one or two players away from a playoff team? I just don't see all this negativity continuing at the start of 2006. From an 0-0 standpoint we are probably not going to look too bad compared to the Jet and, Dolphins, and we'll remember that aging Patriot team we should have beat.

My predicition--a series of positive predictions on The Stadium Wall next summer--maybe the Bills aren't as good as we thought they were coming into this season, but can they really be as bad as they seem now?

Just as long as we can draft a couple of high motor guys, maybe a first round wide receiver, hire a head coach with NFL cooridnator experience, and bring back Kevin Gilbrde .....who knows

Not only have the Bills been, umm, "disappointing" this year, the AFC east has a shot at having the worst record in the league depending what happens with the NFC west in their non-division games the final two weeks (only AFC east non-dvision left is Bills-Cincy and Phins-Titans).  So does this mean we are a really lousy team in a really lousy division or just one or two players away from a playoff team?  I just don't see all this negativity continuing at the start of 2006.  From an 0-0 standpoint we are probably not going to look too bad compared to the Jet and, Dolphins, and we'll remember that aging Patriot team we should have beat. 

My predicition--a series of positive predictions on The Stadium Wall next summer--maybe the Bills aren't as good as we thought they were coming into this season, but can they really be as bad as they seem now?

Just as long as we can draft a couple of high motor guys, maybe a first round wide receiver, hire a head coach with NFL cooridnator experience, and bring back Kevin Gilbrde  .....who knows

538161[/snapback]

The AFC East needs a couple of more years to wrest that crown from some recent NFC divisions... :blush:

I just don't see all this negativity continuing at the start of 2006.  From an 0-0 standpoint we are probably not going to look too bad compared to the Jet and, Dolphins, and we'll remember that aging Patriot team we should have beat. 

538161[/snapback]

Lets see;

The Patriots probably won't be bitten quite as hard by the injury bug next year.

The Dolphins will be one year further along on their rebuilding plan (which seems to be going fairly well so far).

The Jets will probably need less than the 597 QBs they used this year, and just really need to replace their RB which is probably the easiest "position" to fill with a first year player.

The Bills will be starting a total makeover of the O-line and 1/2 of the D-line, looking for a new WR, maybe a new DB, and playing an inexperianced QB, and in all probability doing this under a new coaching staff.

At this point in time I think we looked DOOMED for next year.

The Dolphins will be one year further along on their rebuilding plan (which seems to be going fairly well so far).

538183[/snapback]

Yes but we are many years ahead of the Dolphins in the rebuilding plan :blush:

I hold to my prediction of positive predictions though I suspect based on the "doomed" comment you might not be first in line, macaroni.

Last year, a playoff berth was there for the taking. This year, the AFC East was there for the taking.

I think our failures to snatch either opportunity speak volumes about how much of a mirage that 9-7 was.

JDG

Last year, a playoff berth was there for the taking.  This year, the AFC East was there for the taking.

I think our failures to snatch either opportunity speak volumes about how much of a mirage that 9-7 was.

JDG

538200[/snapback]

Well, you know what to look for now. If you get more of the "we're gonna be a smash mouth football team" rhetoric next season, even if they make a coaching change, don't expect much.

I still wonder if Ralph will make any changes @ all. It's awfully tough to fire a guy when over 70,000 people still come to the games even when you stink. Let's just hope some change will happen, whether the current regime stays and changes their philosophy or a new one arrives w/ the right philosophy for our team.