Serenity is now out on DVD

EC-Bills

FYI, saw Serenity again tonight.  Still a great flick  ;)

548037[/snapback]

Yep, I liked it even more the second time.....there is a LOT of detail, some of which I missed the first time. What an awesome movie......

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised more was not added to the DVD.

548185[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new "Super-mega DVD" come out in 6-12 months. You know the fans would buy it...

There's already apparantly an Austrailian release that has some scenes that were cut.

CW

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new "Super-mega DVD" come out in 6-12 months.  You know the fans would buy it...

There's already apparantly an Austrailian release that has some scenes that were cut.

CW

548479[/snapback]

That would actually irritate me. With the lord of the Rings they KNEW they were going to come out with an expanded version in a few months but did not publicize it and I bought the regular version. I have never bought the expanded version or watched LOTR I since from DVD although I did tape expanded version from cable.

I know I'm bit late jumping in here...but I finally just saw it.

I won't expand on what everyone already has already said over and over about characters etc..., but there is one thing I want to add.

Was it just me, or did anyone else feel as bad or worse when the ship crashed and was getting torn up as they did when anyone died?

It's amazing how that show makes you love the ship as much as any of the characters.

I will also say that there were things I was dissapointed in...most notable the audio/sound affects.

This show REALLY need to get picked back up.

I will also say that there were things I was dissapointed in...most notable the audio/sound affects.

That's what happens when you have less than $40M to make a Holleywood feature film nowadays. Audiences are used to the $100M special effects. :P

And very good point about the ship -- Serenity is like another character, and that's done intentionally. They make several references if you watch the commentary, that they wanted to give the ship life. :lol:

CW

That's what happens when you have less than $40M to make a Holleywood feature film nowadays.  Audiences are used to the $100M special effects. :P

And very good point about the ship -- Serenity is like another character, and that's done intentionally.  They make several references if you watch the commentary, that they wanted to give the ship life. :lol:

CW

556990[/snapback]

Oh no, you misunderstand me...I was dissapointed that they put too much sound affects in.

One of the things I love about the TV show was that when they showed the ship in space, there was no sound...just the music (which there was also not enough of).

Inside the ship or once the ship was in atmosphere there was sound affects, but never outside this ship in space.

I always thought it added a level of realism...as much as can be added to a science fiction show that is.

Oh no, you misunderstand me...I was dissapointed that they put too much sound affects in. 

One of the things I love about the TV show was that when they showed the ship in space, there was no sound...just the music (which there was also not enough of).

Inside the ship or once the ship was in atmosphere there was sound affects, but never outside this ship in space.

I always thought it added a level of realism...as much as can be added to a science fiction show that is.

557055[/snapback]

Oooh yeah, that. I noticed it in the show, guess I didn't in the movie. I'll have to pay attention next time I watch it. :lol:

CW

• 2 months later...