Ross Tucker to the Pats

Dark Fan

Has anyone commented on Billychick's quiet signing of Ross Tucker for the Pats? He sees value where Donahoe sees crap and vice versa and guess who has the better track record. I cant believe Im reduced to saying this but releasing Tucker, especially for Bennie Anderson, was yet another step back for a creampuff O-line and now we are probably going to pay double for it. Billychick must be laughing in Whitey's nightmares....

Welcome to the message board.

Yes, a few people here commented on Tucker's signing:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=3689

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=36903

I agree - - I was disappointed he was let go.

I wondered if there was something else to this story (critical of coaches? just not healing well? Drove JPL crazy w Howard Cosell impressions after each game...?)

I wouldn't read too much into it. At this stage in the season, they're just taking a flyer on him because every team is banged up now. There's no risk to the Patriots for signing him and if he plays well, so much the better. If not, they're not out any significant money. We've all seen with the Bills how long it takes an O-Line to gel, so it's going to be hard for Ross to make any real impact.

Ummmmmmmmmmm, Pat Buchanan

534226[/snapback]

He is neither on our active roster, practice squad, injured reserve list, nor has he been reciently cut from the squad and spent the first 3/4 of the year patiently waiting by his phone for a chance to play again.

So please limit your answers to players in those catagories ....... now WHAT is the correct answer

Anderson, Williams, or Tucker????

He is neither on our active roster, practice squad, injured reserve list, nor has he been reciently cut from the squad and spent the first 3/4 of the year patiently waiting by his phone for a chance to play again.

So please limit your answers to players in those catagories ....... now WHAT is the correct answer

534236[/snapback]

Picky picky....truthfully if Williams could stay healthy I'd take him, but that's not been the case. Anderson is pretty darn bad. Tucker has had his share of injury problems though too, so I list as so:

Williams, Tucker, Anderson

BTW, I'm sure Tucker would have been on PS if he was eligible for it.

Welcome to the message board.

Yes, a few people here commented on Tucker's signing:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=3689

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=36903

I agree - - I was disappointed he was let go. 

I wondered if there was something else to this story (critical of coaches? just not healing well? Drove JPL crazy w Howard Cosell impressions after each game...?)

534165[/snapback]

Thanks, glad to be here.

My level of pessism and seething jealousy for our northern rival has reached a point where it wouldn't surprise me if Tucker won offensive comeback player of the year for the Pats. Billychick and Mularkey could switch teams and he'd still mark us down for two W's a year....whats that saying, he'd taken his'n and whoop our'n...

534236[/snapback]

You got a "none of the above" choice?

We're in week 15...dont think he going to win comeback player of the year

534281[/snapback]

Que the scarey music ............ here we are at Ralph Wilson stadium ..... the Bills are playing the Pats for the first time in the 2006 season ........ the TV camera zooms in on Ross Tucker (who has won a starting spot on the Pats line) and the announcers start the "love fest" of how little Rossi Tucker (not unlike Ted Brewski of last year) overcame a horrific back injury and start to track his "hit opportunities" stats while barraging us with Tucker trivia, back injury trivia, and "hero" songs .............

(now doesn't just the thought of that give you that "vomitty" taste in the back of your throat???))

Que the scarey music ............ here we are at Ralph Wilson stadium ..... the Bills are playing the Pats for the first time in the 2006 season ........ the TV camera zooms in on Ross Tucker (who has won a starting spot on the Pats line) and the announcers start the "love fest" of how little Rossi Tucker (not unlike Ted Brewski of last year) overcame a horrific back injury and start to track his "hit opportunities" stats while barraging us with Tucker trivia, back injury trivia, and "hero" songs .............

(now doesn't just the thought of that give you that "vomitty" taste in the back of your throat???))

534293[/snapback]

HAH, needed a laugh this afternoon, thank you

You got a "none of the above" choice?

534285[/snapback]

no unfortunanatly we don't ....... we have to pick from what's available ...... the poster just said that Tucker wasn't the answer ........ I was just wondering exactly what he thinks the answer is.

The question is ......... who is the better left guard, Ross Tucker, Bennie Anderson, or Mike Williams?

534224[/snapback]

the correct answer is D...none of the above. Say what you want about TD, but John Guy knows talent when he sees it. If Tucker's not here, its for a reason.

the correct answer is D...none of the above.  Say what you want about TD, but John Guy knows talent when he sees it.  If Tucker's not here, its for a reason.

534558[/snapback]

so I guess the obverse is also true ...... if Williams and Anderson are here there here for a reason .......... methinks the reason is that John Guy may not be all that you suspect he is.

so I guess the obverse is also true ...... if Williams and Anderson are here there here for a reason .......... methinks the reason is that John Guy may not be all that you suspect he is.

534699[/snapback]

Those were TD signings (Anderson was a draft choice, BTW, so that's on Modrak and the scouting staff). Guy's job is to look for second tier FA or practice squad players like Tucker who can actually play....

Those were TD signings (Anderson was a draft choice, BTW, so that's on Modrak and the scouting staff).  Guy's job is to look for second tier FA or practice squad players like Tucker who can actually play....

534816[/snapback]

I stand corrected :o ....... who says you can't teach an old dog a new trick once in a while.

Those were TD signings (Anderson was a draft choice, BTW, so that's on Modrak and the scouting staff).  Guy's job is to look for second tier FA or practice squad players like Tucker who can actually play....

534816[/snapback]

Thought we were talking offensive linemen? In which case, Bennie Anderson was a UDFA originally signed by the Rams in 2000.

As to Tucker: I sat with #89 for the Green Bay preseason game, and watched RT try to get his back loosened up for most of same. I was surprised to see his name on the cut list, but I'm assuming things may have worked out differently if he'd been 100% at that time.

I liked Ross, especially his nasty attitude on the field. Good to see him back in the league.