Find-A-Death

Rico

e.g. Sinatra:

On May 14, he was resting comfortably in the downstairs bedroom of his home. His condition was stable. Above his bed were a rosary and a crucifix, given to him during last rites which were performed earlier. He told his wife Barbara to go out and enjoy dinner with friends. Just after 9 PM, Frank summoned one of his two nurses and complained of chest pains and dizziness. A few minutes later, he had a severe heart attack. At 9:14, the nurse called 911, and in 4 minutes, they were on the scene. At 9:35, they arrived at Cedars Emergency Room (thank you Terri). At 9:30 Barbara was notified at her dinner table at Morton’s. One of the other guests drove her first to the Sinatra home (but they had left) and then to the hospital. By the time she got there, doctors had miraculously stabilized Frank. Barbara hugged him and told him to "Fight, fight, fight." He whispered, "I’m losing," closed his eyes, and died. It was 10:35 PM. According to one account, his last words were "I’m losing," uttered to a nurse, shortly before his death.

Nancy Sinatra was foolish enough to admit that the reason she wasn't at Dad's

side when the curtain rang down was because she was home watching the final

episode of Seinfeld, adding sadly, "I could have taped it!"  Thanks Kevin!

His body stayed in the church overnight, for the funeral the next day. The church was filled with white roses and cherry blossoms. Some of the attendees included a very large Liza with a Z, Jack Nicholson, Jack Lemmon, Mia Farrow, Dom DeLuise, Marlo Thomas, Tom Selleck, Bruce Springsteen, Lorna Luft (how did she ever free her schedule?). Faye Dunaway, Jerry Lewis, Bob Dylan, Vic Damone, Diahann Carroll, Debbie Reynolds, Larry King, Robert Wagner, Tony Curtis, Gregory Peck and Wayne Newton. Deep breath. Sophia Loren, Anthony Quinn, Ben Vereen, Jill St. John, Milton Berle, Tim Conway, Connie Stevens, Don Rickles, Kirk Douglas and Tony Danza also attended. Nancy Reagan showed up late, and the Secret Service made Ed McMahon move.

Robert Wagner spoke, and reportedly broke down sobbing. Frank JR. spoke and said his father "lived to a ripe old age, and it certainly wasn’t because he took care of himself." The rest of the spoiled ungrateful Sinatra children spoke as well. Midway though the service, Frank’s song "Put Your Dreams Away," was played. Nancy Sinatra supposedly slipped a mini bottle of Jack Daniels into Frank’s casket (was there any more room?). Also stuck in the big box were a pack of Camels, a Zippo lighter and 10 dimes. I guess the dimes date back to the 1963 kidnapping attempt (long story, don’t take me there) of Frank JR. He never wanted to get caught unable to make a phone call.