Got it, This team is DISEASED!

4everBills

I, like you, was always saying, "at least we got there" in reply to you lost 4 SB's. Yeah, we did get there. But we lost ALL 4! That should have been a clue about what this team is all about. But I, like many of you, hung in there thinking this was a "tough, blue collar" town and team that would get it done. What a crock of sh_t.

Yesterday, after watching that Pop Warner squad do everything they could to lose, and yes, then lose, I was so ticked that I couldnt see straight. Something along the lines of, "here we go again". It all makes sense now though. Nothing short of a major Biopsy (and thats what it should be called), can kill this disease. Its not lack of talent. It never has been. Its lack of being a winner. Its being a perpetual loser, and then merely carrying out what you already know you are. We had our chances to right the ship.

When Drew came to town. He had just left a healthy team, at team that isnt diseased, isnt us. So, he had the winners mentality. He lead his offense to many heroic overtime and late in the game wins. I saw a spark of the Kelly era where no matter what the scoreboard said, we were in it. But, the defense had already been infected and did everything they could to lose. By the end of that season Drew and the offense had become infected as well. GW leaves, more winners, like Spikes, were added but quickly have become infected with Buffalos losers mentality. Enter Mularkey, who came from a winners team that has won several SB's and plays tough regardless of personnel or any other excuse out there.

The Jags game, yes, week 1 sealed the deal for this season. The players were looking for any reason to drop back into there losing ways. But Mularkey put them into a position to win anyways. And guess what, the players managed to seal the deal and blow that game. Yesterday, we simply watched what this team is capable of when your diseased, a game that makes you want to disembowl yourself. No hint of tough minded, winners attitude at all.

So we come to it, what can be done. Unfortunately, not much. Theres only 2 guys who have yet to be infected and who could make some form of an impact on our season. Losman, and who knows maybe hes screwed already too, is hurt. Mularkey is the other. Mularkey will have to do nothing short of becoming Bill Parcells to get this team to the playoffs. Nothing short of a winner who just wont become infected and has enough control to force losers to win can get this team to win. I dont see that type of guy to be honest but I guess hope springs eternal. Hes got one last chance to straighten it out, yes, in only week 2, how sad.

I wasnt going to continue to put all my eggs in one basket. Too many disheartening losses on this team. It looks like my Lions have the winning ways, maybe its time to watch the Bills from afar until they complete there insurmountable task of a complete massive biopsy. I will always say, "Go Bills". But, this year im screaming, "Go Lions". 2 words Losman, Harrington.

It may be self preservation to watch this team from afar and not get to involved emotionally. Because this team is going nowhere this year. They may get better by the end of the year, but no playoffs. We are looking forward to next year already. Thats pretty sad, so how can you buy in emotionally when it looks so bleak?

I, like you, was always saying, "at least we got there" in reply to you lost 4 SB's. Yeah, we did get there. But we lost ALL 4! That should have been a clue about what this team is all about. But I, like many of you, hung in there thinking this was a "tough, blue collar" town and team that would get it done. What a crock of sh_t.

Yesterday, after watching that Pop Warner squad do everything they could to lose, and yes, then lose, I was so ticked that I couldnt see straight. Something along the lines of, "here we go again". It all makes sense now though. Nothing short of a major Biopsy (and thats what it should be called), can kill this disease. Its not lack of talent. It never has been. Its lack of being a winner. Its being a perpetual loser, and then merely carrying out what you already know you are. We had our chances to right the ship.

When Drew came to town. He had just left a healthy team, at team that isnt diseased, isnt us. So, he had the winners mentality. He lead his offense to many heroic overtime and late in the game wins. I saw a spark of the Kelly era where no matter what the scoreboard said, we were in it. But, the defense had already been infected and did everything they could to lose. By the end of that season Drew and the offense had become infected as well. GW leaves, more winners, like Spikes, were added but quickly have become infected with Buffalos losers mentality. Enter Mularkey, who came from a winners team that has won several SB's and plays tough regardless of personnel or any other excuse out there.

The Jags game, yes, week 1 sealed the deal for this season. The players were looking for any reason to drop back into there losing ways. But Mularkey put them into a position to win anyways. And guess what, the players managed to seal the deal and blow that game. Yesterday, we simply watched what this team is capable of when your diseased, a game that makes you want to disembowl yourself. No hint of tough minded, winners attitude at all.

So we come to it, what can be done. Unfortunately, not much. Theres only 2 guys who have yet to be infected and who could make some form of an impact on our season. Losman, and who knows maybe hes screwed already too, is hurt. Mularkey is the other. Mularkey will have to do nothing short of becoming Bill Parcells to get this team to the playoffs. Nothing short of a winner who just wont become infected and has enough control to force losers to win can get this team to win. I dont see that type of guy to be honest but I guess hope springs eternal. Hes got one last chance to straighten it out, yes, in only week 2, how sad.

I wasnt going to continue to put all my eggs in one basket. Too many disheartening losses on this team. It looks like my Lions have the winning ways, maybe its time to watch the Bills from afar until they complete there insurmountable task of a complete massive biopsy. I will always say, "Go Bills". But, this year im screaming, "Go Lions". 2 words Losman, Harrington.

37832[/snapback]

Hello pot, this is kettle....

As I recall, you used this very forum to blast my Bills Daily article last week - you said I was negative, questioned if I was a fan and said that I was a bandwagoner.

I don't normally kick people when they're down, but this post takes the cake when it comes to hypocracy. Contrary to your post last week, I AM a real fan. A fan who can see that this team is not any better than last year. You slam me for that and tell me I'm a bandwagoner and then become a Lions fan after week 2? You have some serious cojones - I hope they get caught in some heavy machinery :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: