2006 Free Agent Tackles

WVUFootball29

Here are the FA Tackles for 2006. Like the title says there isn't a great selection on the market.

Adam Haayer UFA Cardinals

Anthony Clement UFA 49ers

Barrett Brooks UFA Steelers

Barry Stokes UFA Falcons

Bob Whitfield UFA Giants

Chad Slaughter UFA Raiders

Courtney Van Buren RFA Chargers

Ephraim Salaam UFA Jaguars

Ethan Brooks UFA Cowboys

Jeff Backus UFA Lions

John St. Clair UFA Bears

Jon Runyan UFA Eagles

Jordan Black RFA Chiefs

Kevin Barry UFA Packers

Kevin Shaffer UFA Falcons

L.J. Shelton UFA Browns

Makoa Freitas RFA Colts

Matt Hill UFA Panthers

Mike Pearson UFA Jaguars

Rex Tucker UFA Rams

Scott Gragg UFA Jets

Seth Wand RFA Texans

Stocker McDougle UFA Dolphins

Todd Fordham UFA Panthers

Todd Steussie UFA Buccaneers

Tom Ashworth UFA Patriots

Tony Pashos RFA Ravens

Torrin Tucker RFA Cowboys

Victor Riley UFA Texans

Wayne Hunter RFA Seahawks

Salaam, Backus, Runyan, Shaffer, Tucker, Pearson, McDougle look to be the best on the market.

Personally, I like Salaam at LT and I think it might be difficult for Jacksonville to resign both Pearson and Salaam. If we could pick up Salaam and move Gandy over to LG we might have the makings of what looks like a solid line:

Salaam-Gandy-Preston(though I'm not sold 100% on him yet)-Villarrial-Williams/Peters

OR

Move big mike to the left side and Salaam to the right

I really dont see Buffalo cutting Mike Williams, mainly because of the cap hit and I dont like the idea of moving him to guard, especially with his ankle issues pulling would just be a recipe for disaster. I do agree that he should have his contract restructured this offseason to free up some more money.

Well those are my thoughts, have at it....

Salaam, Backus, Runyan, Shaffer, Tucker, Pearson, McDougle look to be the best on the market.

Personally, I like Salaam at LT and I think it might be difficult for Jacksonville to resign both Pearson and Salaam.  If we could pick up Salaam and move Gandy over to LG we might have the makings of what looks like a solid line:

Salaam-Gandy-Preston(though I'm not sold 100% on him yet)-Villarrial-Williams/Peters

OR

Move big mike to the left side and Salaam to the right

I really dont see Buffalo cutting Mike Williams, mainly because of the cap hit and I dont like the idea of moving him to guard, especially with his ankle issues pulling would just be a recipe for disaster.  I do agree that he should have his contract restructured this offseason to free up some more money.

Well those are my thoughts, have at it....

527181[/snapback]

I think its very likely that Mike Williams will be back at RT and will be there through a contract extension. He's not going to move to G and I believe it may have just been an attempt at a wakeup call for him.

If that's the case then I can't really see us signing Salaam who's also a RT and I actually think that Gandy has done a job so why sign Pearson?

I think we're more likey going to have Gandy and Williams at LT and RT and find a replacement for Williams and Teague. I think Preston has the inside track on the C spot but I think we're likely to draft a G and a T vs. spending the money in free agency.