Ahh, Just read this

plenzmd1

From the Boston paper today. Also, same article talks about more players blasting the Patsie fans form the Patsie players

How different might the Bills' fate have been had Donahoe hired Charlie Weis over Mularkey? Weis, who is on a recruiting trip for Notre Dame this week, would have taken the job if offered it, and the Irish right now might be preparing for a low-level bowl game.

Oh, how we can dream of what might have been!!!!!!!!!

From the Boston paper today. Also, same article talks about more players blasting the Patsie fans form the Patsie players.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...onate_response/

From the Boston paper today. Also, same article talks about more players blasting the Patsie fans form the Patsie players

How different might the Bills' fate have been had Donahoe hired Charlie Weis over Mularkey? Weis, who is on a recruiting trip for Notre Dame this week, would have taken the job if offered it, and the Irish right now might be preparing for a low-level bowl game.

Oh, how we can dream of what might have been!!!!!!!!!

From the Boston paper today. Also, same article talks about more players blasting the Patsie fans form the Patsie players.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...onate_response/

524080[/snapback]

Wasn't Weis was under an NE contract at the time? AFAIK, you cannot tamper.

I'm a big Weis fan. I always wonder what he could've done with JP and this offense. Watching him develop Brady Quinn into a real quarterback and Stovall as a legitimate receiver has been fun.

One more thought; who was the more established offensive coordinator at the time they were looking for a coach? I'm with the guy who's won some superbowls. I don't care if he was in the playoffs at the time we were looking because Cleveland hired Romeo at the same time.

524088[/snapback]

Cincy, not sure what your trying to say here, but a coordinater can leave at any time if it is a promotion to HC. Thats why you have seen guys like Greg Williams get that Assistant Head Coach title, somewhat limits the ability for them to get a HC job. Only problem with that is if you tried to keep them from moving, no good coordinater would join your staff, so kind of a useless title anyway

524088[/snapback]

The Bills can't tamper *during* the season. But Weis is free to interview for a HC job after the season. All the Bills had to do was wait for the Patriots to end their season, instead of trying to jump on Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey before anyone else did so.

JDG