Is Moulds pulling a TO?

Is Moulds impacting Bills like TO did Eagles?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is Moulds impacting Bills like TO did Eagles?

• Yes
    • No
    • Too early to tell

My vote in my own poll is that it is too early to tell, However, I think even in most of the worse cases Moulds actions are no where near as bad as the sins of TO.

I aggree that TOs actions were detrimental to the team because he took a public shot (and an esoteric one at that as his public theory that with Brett Favre they would be in first place both undermined a teammate and was impossible to make happen in reality).

However, though it seems clear that Moulds took a shot at JP which led to his benching:

1. JP demonstrably has not completed or even thrown a lot to his WRs and was not getting the job done.

2. Moulds was vocal about this but though word got out it was generally behind the scenes and not publc like TO was taking on McNabb.

3. TO offered no doable change but Moulds advocated going with Holcomb and darned if it did not work.

Obviously, whether the team is in fact a TEAM is a big deal, so Moulds call for a QB switch and the Bills plan to put most or all their eggs in the JP basket need to be reconciled, but in this case, as long as Moulds is not being outragous publicly or doing something like hiding bags of dung in JPs locker repeatedly so folks laugh at him, then the results of the switch (or not switch) determine a lot how you reconcile this issue.

As best as I can tell, Moulds was correct in his on-field diagnosis of the QB problm and the switch to Holcomb not only improved QB performance, but is now virtually universally agreed to be a good thing for JP's development.

Maybe there is some shoe still to be dropped about Moulds activity and he really has done something detrimental to the team (it would not be good if he impregnated JP's sister and we would not know this). However, I find it hard to believe at this point that there is anything remotely as bad as what TO did that would justify a suspension of Moulds at this point.

No friggin way. This isnt even close to the TO situation. Not even close. Moulds has always been a standup veteran for this team. TO is a team killer. To me its all on Mularkey because I have never seen a locker room so undivided during my team as a Bills fan. Something has pissed Moulds off beyond comprehension. From what I heard, Moulds wanted them to run the ball more and stop with the spread formations.

Eric isn't Sam Aiken. He isn't Josh Reed. He isn't Lee Evans. He's the leader of these men, he's the on the field example of what hard work, skill and practice will get for you.

The fact that he's put up solid numbers year after year and has had to work with SEVEN different QB's over that time frame yet a lot of folks on here can still bash him is disheartening. You wanna bash people who haven't been through all the BS pumped through this org over the last few years that's fine but leave Eric out of it. It seems to me he stood up for what is right, the fact that he's being payed to catch a mother lovin' football and we've got some coach who thinks he's Bill Belechick in disguise but doesn't have the balls to get his team to play for the entire game yet EM calls him out and now he's the bad guy?

At this point it doesn't make one iota of difference if he gets suspended becasuse the fact that Moulds is going to end up leaving here on a sour note and a lot of fans feel the need to bash him is fuggin sad.

Eric isn't Sam Aiken. He isn't Josh Reed. He isn't Lee Evans. He's the leader of these men, he's the on the field example of what hard work, skill and practice will get for you.

The fact that he's put up solid numbers year after year and has had to work with SEVEN different QB's over that time frame yet a lot of folks on here can still bash him is disheartening. You wanna bash people who haven't been through all the BS pumped through this org over the last few years that's fine but leave Eric out of it. It seems to me he stood up for what is right, the fact that he's being payed to catch a mother lovin' football and we've got some coach who thinks he's Bill Belechick in disguise but doesn't have the balls to get his team to play for the entire game yet EM calls him out and now he's the bad guy?

At this point it doesn't make one iota of difference if he gets suspended becasuse the fact that Moulds is going to end up leaving here on a sour note and a lot of fans feel the need to bash him is fuggin sad.

523540[/snapback]

Totally agreed. Perhaps Mike Mularkey is the cancer?

523540[/snapback]

100% correct.

523540[/snapback]

that is exactly what i have been sayin all along brother i feel your pain. i agree with the whole 7 qbs thing too. can you imagine if we had a solid qb stay here as long as EM? he easily would eclipse harrison. yes i said it. EM's talent is equal or could be better than harrison's.

Guest BackInDaDay
The question is then why MM thinks a TO reaction of suspending Moulds is the appropriate thing to do.

It makes no sense to me.

523588[/snapback]

Because Mularkey is Donahoe's puppet and anyone who points out the strings must go.