My top 10 in December

Simon

Resisting the temptation to knock USC out of the Top10 after their awful performace vs Fresno just to see smokin'n'jokin blow a gasket. :devil:

Here's how I see it:

1) Texas

2) LSU

3) Penn State

4) Auburn

5) Ohio State

6) USC

7) Georgia

8) Virginia Tech

9) Alabama

10) Miami

Notes:

>After a rough start Auburn is hitting on all cylinders and I think they've become one of the Top5 teams in the country.

>I was ready to slip USC into the Top5 after looking very good against Cal, but giving up 40+ and almost losing at home to a WAC team took care of that plan.

>Georgia is healthy and I think people are seriously under-rating them. I'm still not convinced USC(or Ohio State) is a better team than the 'Dawgs.

>I'm also not sold on V'Tech or Miami but I just don't see enough other quality teams to knock them out. WestVirginia, Florida and even Oregon got consideration but there's just enough there.

Resisting the temptation to knock USC out of the Top10 after their awful performace vs Fresno just to see smokin'n'jokin blow a gasket.  :devil:

Here's how I see it:

1) Texas

2) LSU

3) Penn State

4) Auburn

5) Ohio State

6) USC

7) Georgia

8) Virginia Tech

9) Alabama

10) Miami

Notes:

>After a rough start Auburn is hitting on all cylinders and I think they've become one of the Top5 teams in the country.

518273[/snapback]

Agreed. Auburn RB Kenny Irons is the real deal. Nobody talks about him because of Brown and Cadillac last year.

>I was ready to slip USC into the Top5 after looking very good against Cal, but giving up 40+ and almost losing at home to a WAC team took care of that plan.

518273[/snapback]

Almost losing is the key phrase there. I was at that game, Fresno was amped up and were #16 in the country at the time. However, that loss sent them into a freefall and they lost the next two after USC. That doesn't make the Trojans look any better. However, your #2 LSU DID lose at home to the disaster that is Tennesee. They did look horrible and almost lose at home last week to pathetic Arkansas (who USC beat 70-17.) LSU won 19-17 and needed an INT in the end zone at the end of the game. I like when you use your logic for one team but not another.

Either way, USC has to handle UCLA and they are in.

>Georgia is healthy and I think people are seriously under-rating them. I'm still not convinced USC(or Ohio State) is a better team than the 'Dawgs.

518273[/snapback]

Georgia has their chance tonight in a "home game" against your #2. They are underdogs but I have picked them to beat LSU in a low-scoring game.

>I'm also not sold on V'Tech or Miami but I just don't see enough other quality teams to knock them out. WestVirginia, Florida and even Oregon got consideration but there's just enough there.

518273[/snapback]

IMO, neither 'Bama or Miami deserve Top 10 status, but I do realize this is the Simon Poll. WVU maybe, Florida no, and I would've thrown Oregon in at #10. It's tough to criticize one loss to the #1 team in the country. But their bowl game (BCS bowl or not) will tell the tale of that squad. I'd maybe give Notre Dame a sniff of the Top 10 because they beat Michigan at the Big House (something your #3 couldn't do) but besides that, their best wins are BYU, Tennessee, and Stanford. Hardly a murderer's row.

• 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.