Blue & Gold Sabres as per Larry Quinn

PTS

As I mentioned before, the Sabres have had the B&G designed jersey ready and it has been in secret hiding for some time.

About 24 minutes into today's Sabres podcast, Larry Quinn said the team will unveil their new B&G jerseys when the NHL officially changes over to new-styled Reebok jerseys. This was supposed to happen before this season but the league felt it wasn't fair to their current licensees so they have pushed it back.

http://www.sabres.com/./content/media/TMS-11-30-05.mp3

You might have to register to become a Sabres Insider.

Now I don't feel like a complete moron, just a semi-moron for jumping the gun.

As I mentioned before, the Sabres have had the B&G designed jersey ready and it has been in secret hiding for some time.

About 24 minutes into today's Sabres podcast, Larry Quinn said the team will unveil their new B&G jerseys when the NHL officially changes over to new-styled Reebok jerseys. This was supposed to happen before this season but the league felt it wasn't fair to their current licensees so they have pushed it back.

http://www.sabres.com/./content/media/TMS-11-30-05.mp3

You might have to register to become a Sabres Insider.

Now I don't feel like a complete moron, just a semi-moron for jumping the gun.

517253[/snapback]

That just made my day. They are getting close.

If anyone saw the new style jerseys that team Canada unveiled earlier this year (before the NHL season started), you'd know that reebox was simply not ready to unveil them for the NHL. The Canadians wore them for one practice and quickly took them off. Half the players couldn't even get the tight fitting jerseys over their pads.

I'll have to search for the link with pictures of these monstrosities. The story made it very obvious that there was no way the new style jerseys would be used in the NHL this year.

edit: Found it

If anyone saw the new style jerseys that team Canada unveiled earlier this year (before the NHL season started), you'd know that reebox was simply not ready to unveil them for the NHL.  The Canadians wore them for one practice and quickly took them off.  Half the players couldn't even get the tight fitting jerseys over their pads.

I'll have to search for the link with pictures of these monstrosities.  The story made it very obvious that there was no way the new style jerseys would be used in the NHL this year.

edit: Found it

517364[/snapback]

Thanks. Those look like Nike.

Reebok got a lisence deal for the entire NHL, so when the old license expires, the blue and gold's should be back. I just don't know from when.

Damn. I am pumped about this.

"Quinn stated in no uncertain terms, just as he did this summer, the team will return to blue and gold and has engaged Reebok to design the new uniform. Reebok is also designing a new look for NHL uniforms in general. As such Quinn said the Sabres will have to wait for the NHL to give the word about the unveiling of the new look NHL generic jersey before they unveil their new blue and gold jersey. I will speculate that this could happen late in the season but Quinn claimed the NHL really didn't know when they would unveil the new Reebok design. So don't put any stock into the half baked rumors reported as facts. These are the facts as they stand today."

:D:D:lol:;):w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Thanks. Those look like Nike.

Reebok got a lisence deal for the entire NHL, so when the old license expires, the blue and gold's should be back. I just don't know from when.

Damn. I am pumped about this.

517371[/snapback]

I never even noticed that they were Nike jerseys. Anyway, that's the general idea, tighter fitting jerseys.