Sorry. It's gotta be said

DeeRay

In a nutshell, this team can best be described as "soft" ( kind of a nicer way of stating it).

Defensively, you have basically 3 players with any semblance of fire in their respective bellies (TKO, Milloy, and Fletch). The rest of the defense seems to have to feed off their passion to get any decent production.

Offensively, this team is a collection of sissies. Has anyone seen any evidence of physicality, smashmouth attitude, leadership on this side of the ball? We've got a supposed best back in the league, physical runner, who prefers to do the charleston rather deliver the the wood as of late. Lee Evans is, or has become, such a kitty on running plays and prefers to hold onto an opponent (probably to protect himself from further contact) rather than to plant a defender like a good blocking wr should. Then we have an offensive line that shows absolutely no fire or angst. When was the last time you saw an offensive lineman in a fight with a defender, take it personal when their QB got mauled, or came off the field spewing venom? Not since Ross Tucker and Ruben Brown were here.... oops, players that were perhaps a little more outspoken than the lemmings TD and MM prefer to employ.

But, ultimately, the "softness" is a result of a GM and coach that don't demonstrate toughness, passion, pride, or moxie. This team is not reflective of leadership that oozes confidence or passion and pride in the work they do. Simply put, this team has no spine!!! Perhaps this team needs to be outfitted again with new uniforms, complete with pleated skirts. When are we gonna see some real football, guys????

But, ultimately, the "softness" is a result of a GM and coach that don't demonstrate  toughness, passion, pride, or moxie.

516406[/snapback]

Talk about a soft sissy. You don't even have the gonads to admit the real problem: Ralph Wilson. It's always the GM with you, never the real source of the problem.

Well, I gotta head off to the record store to buy a new 45 of DeeRay's greatest hits because my current record keeps skipping and all I hear is the same single note being played over and over and over.

...and so this is different than your previous 1600 posts how? That you've actually started a new topic to do so? That you've apologized (I'm guessing for saying the same thing in yet another way for the umpteenth time) for it up front?

...and so this is different than your previous 1600 posts how? That you've actually started a new topic to do so? That you've apologized (I'm guessing for saying the same thing in yet another way for the umpteenth time) for it up front?

Don't be bitter Dan, and the rest of you guys, too. You know you wanted to say what I said,,, just didn't have the guts to. Probably afraid that all of the other posters were gonna beat up on you. Pity. I realize that after overdosing on the koolaid and covering your eyes with pink sunglasses it's just tough to admit that this is a really bad team that we've been supporting. One that just goes through the motions... no passion, no sense of pride. I don't expect you guys to stop licking TD's shoes, I don't expect you not to purchase the new Bills pleated skirts when TD unveils them in the offseason, and I don't expect calling the team out is going to stir up a fire in their bellies, or give the team a spine anytime soon. But calling a spade a spade sure makes me feel better... even if you take offense. Perhaps you should consider directing your anger toward the team, the root of the evil, rather than me.... For all I bring to the table is truth and tough love.

You know you wanted to say what I said,,, just didn't have the guts to.

516438[/snapback]

It doesn't take guts to blame the wrong person for your problems.

If you had any guts yourself you'd call out the real problem: Ralph Wilson. But you have none. You blame the GM. Blame the coach. Blame the players. But never, ever blame Ralph Wilson. Gutless kitty you are.

As it stands, you simply have no nuts, no guts, no solutions, nothing new to say and barely a new way to even say it.

Talk about a soft sissy. You don't even have the gonads to admit the real problem: Ralph Wilson. It's always the GM with you, never the real source of the problem.

516413[/snapback]

That "it's Ralph Wilson's fault" line is a load of crap ........ he's the owner ..... his responsibility is to sign the checks ...... that's it, nothing more. I haven't heard of any of those checks bouncing lately, so he's doing his job just fine.

It's his responsibility to hire and fire his "football people" you may say ...... and that is correct ....... however, what good would it do to fire TD right now? For all we know Ralph may have already made up his mind to can TD at the end of the season ..... maybe ... maybe not ... but the bottom line is that it is HIS team .... as much as we would like to think that the Bills belong to us fans, they don't, they belong to Ralph, because he signs those aforementioned checks. He has never been an over meddlesome owner .... he's had his moments for sure .... but never along the lines of a snyder or Jones ...... but then again when the team is playing with your money you have a right to meddle every once in a while.

I guess what I'm trying to say is he has hired men to run his football .... and when he decides that those men are running HIS team into the ground he will fire them.

this team can best be described as "soft"

I don't think it's even possible to mount a decent argument against this statement.

What else do you say about a team that regularly fizzles in the second half (especially the 4th quarter) and that cannot win a single game on the road?

SOFT!

I don't think it's even possible to mount a decent argument against this statement.

What else do you say about a team that regularly fizzles in the second half (especially the 4th quarter) and that cannot win a single game on the road?

SOFT!

516449[/snapback]

Nobody's disputing it. That fact has been laid out here several times per day since Week 2 in Tampa.

SOFT!

516449[/snapback]

Squeezably soft? Dairy Queen soft?

That "it's Ralph Wilson's fault" line is a load of crap ........ he's the owner ..... his responsibility is to sign the checks ...... that's it, nothing more. I haven't heard of any of those checks bouncing lately, so he's doing his job just fine.

It's his responsibility to hire and fire his "football people" you may say ...... and that is correct ....... however, what good would it do to fire TD right now? For all we know Ralph may have already made up his mind to can TD at the end of the season ..... maybe ... maybe not ... but the bottom line is that it is HIS team .... as much as we would like to think that the Bills belong to us fans, they don't, they belong to Ralph, because he signs those aforementioned checks. He has never been an over meddlesome owner .... he's had his moments for sure .... but never along the lines of a snyder or Jones ...... but then again when the team is playing with your money you have a right to meddle every once in a while.

I guess what I'm trying to say is he has hired men to run his football .... and when he decides that those men are running HIS team into the ground he will fire them.

516447[/snapback]

But the point is "Who hired TD?"

Who hired all the other schmoes to act as GM of the Bills over the years?

Who fired the one GM in the history of the Bills who made the Bills a successful franchise for personal and not professional reasons?

Who will be hiring the next schmoe?

TD is just maintaining the sub-.500 performance level of the Bills that RW has built over his 45 years...what makes you think, after all the GM's we've been through with so few successes, that the old blind squirrel will find a nut with the next one?

516447[/snapback]

Pasta man, I am STUNNED that you typed this, let alone believe it.

An owner doesn't just sign the checks. He puts the money in the bank so the checks will clear, and he makes strategic choices to put people in positions to make sure money is coming in to ensure those checks clear.

The better your choices in these situations, the more money you have coming in. The right choice fields you a winner, and winners bring you in money because people love winners, so people love to see winners play in person and wear winners' colors and eat winners' concession stand offerings and buy their kids winners' novelties.

Ralph has picked a GM who has not delivered a winner, and without a winner, your profits decrease because no one wants to watch a loser.

You can't blame TD without blaming RW. He hired him. He lets him keep doing what he's doing...fielding a loser. To ignore the owner is to ignore the source of the problem, and to give him a pass because he's old or an original owner or he's gonna die soon or WHATEVER is simply living in denial.

I agree that you gotta place blame at the feet of the ol man. 45 years, and he has had one really damn good gm. The old blind squirrel finding a nut routine here.

As much as Ralphie gets the accolades for his league-wide dealings in the past, and at least having the insight to keep Polian around for a bit of time, he has had more than his fair share of mis-managed moments with his own franchise.

Don't be bitter Dan, and the rest of you guys, too.  You know you wanted to say what I said,,, just didn't have the guts to.  Probably afraid that all of the other posters were gonna beat up on you.  Pity.  I realize that after overdosing on the koolaid and covering your eyes with pink sunglasses it's just tough to admit that this is a really bad team that we've been supporting.  One that just goes through the motions... no passion, no sense of pride.  I don't expect you guys to stop licking TD's shoes, I don't expect you not to purchase the new Bills pleated skirts when TD unveils them in the offseason, and I don't expect calling the team out is going to stir up a fire in their bellies, or give the team a spine anytime soon.  But calling a spade a spade sure makes me feel better... even if you take offense.  Perhaps you should consider directing your anger toward the team, the root of the evil, rather than me.... For all I bring to the table is truth and tough love.

516438[/snapback]

You're right, I'm quaking in my boots about it. :doh: You're funny, because you speak up loudly now that you speak for what seems like the majority view on this board. I'm the one of few here trying to find positives to come out of the season (or frick, just positives from week to week) with rather than just hating on 90% of the employees of OBD and I'm the one who is "afraid?"

Anyway, thanks for speaking up on my behalf. I take it you'll be done repeating this drivel once you've said it once for every member of the board? Does that include those who are no longer welcome? After all, they obviously need an advocate...Are you saying this one is for me? So are you going in alphabetical order or by member number? Just wondering how close you are to done....