Got back from the game:

Try being civil instead of acting like a freaking knowitall.

JP also executed the no-huddle with precision, but that doesn't fit into your little "it's all JP's fault" screed.

514368[/snapback]

Is being civil telling me to get a clue?

JP did some things well yesterday, but everyone here putting all the praise on him and all the criticism on the O-line all the time is wrong.

Those you mentioned have the reputation of being the worst.  I've been to about eight, but when I went to Green Bay for the Bills game in 02, one fan gave me gloves and another a scarf because they saw I didn't have my own.

514193[/snapback]

Funny, I was going to write that maybe it was an east-coast phenomenon, but I have never been to a pro game in the mid-west...I have heard that Chiefs fans were very classy too...

t

First off, tough loss.  It's never been more clear this team needs HELP on the lines.  No push on either side.  The offensive tackles actually performed OK, obviously not good enough, but the inside just sucks.  Put Duke Preston in now.  Teague isn't doing JP any good when he's stepping on his ankles by the third step of a drop.  A FA guard, maybe 2, is a need.  Sadly, MW isn't it, Bennie Anderson is only slightly better than awful, and Villarial is not looking that much better (and 2 of those 3 are injured).

Penalties, Jesus.  I don't know what else needs to be said about how much those killed us today.

Still impressed with JP.  He made his mistakes, but I think he's taking steps in the right direction (note to OBD: how's about more no-huddle?  they kicked ass running it, so why not run it in the last minutes of the game when you need a TD?)  I think we're going to see some exciting dogfights like that Seattle-Giants game next year.  And I'm an EM critic, but he helped out a lot in this game.

This is just an aside, but I think it's worth noting.  I flew in from Brooklyn to see this game with my dad, a special occasion.  We had a blast despite the loss, tailgated, enjoyed our seats and generally were surrounded by some great fans.  However, there are MANY who are out of control, who can't enjoy the game without getting wasted, acting supremely obnoxious, and passing out.  This just sucks, and it really is a shame that civility seems to be dying a slow death at Bills games.  I say this because at the end of the game my dad picked up his seat cushion and saw that someone had thrown up behind him.  It got on his cushion, his jacket, his pants.  Really freaking disgusting.  The kid had been passed out since beginning of the second half.  It definitely put a damper on what had been a great time for us, tough loss and all.  I accosted the guy before he could leave and told him I didn't want to start anything, just that he had to apologize to my dad.  He gave about the lamest of apologies I've ever heard, but hopefully at some point he'll stop and consider his actions, and maybe he won't need to have so many at the next game...

I just want to say, I enjoy a drink or two at the game/tailgating, but you can enjoy yourself (and others can enjoy you) more if you're not blasted, making a drunken fool of yourself, and making life miserable for your neighbors.  Get loud when the defense is out there, cheer on your team, and be good to each other, that's not too much to ask, is it?  Just had to vent about this one.

Otherwise, fun game, team needs to get better, tough loss, but we've got hope.

Cheers,

J.

513925[/snapback]

The Bills are an embarrassment, and so are their fans. It is because of experiences such as this that I avoid the attending the games. I used to be a season ticket holder from the late 80's to mid 90's, however the behavior of the "fans" became intolerable. It is truly a disgraceful situation.

Is being civil telling me to get a clue?

JP did some things well yesterday, but everyone here putting all the praise on him and all the criticism on the O-line all the time is wrong.

514376[/snapback]

JSP told you to get a clue, I'd advise you get a clue on your reading comprehension, though.