How many more years until we reach the playoffs?

Grant

That is a tough question. I am not sure if Eric Moulds has anything left in the tank. I don't know how quickly Kevin Everett can pick up the pro game after sitting out his rookie season, and I don't know how much retooling the offensive line is going to take. In the defensive side, Spikes should be back next season, but until he makes it all the way back there is going to be some question about lingering effects. I also don't know if the Bills have both the will and the resources to re-sign Nate Clements.

They could conceivably make the playoffs next year if everything that needs to happen happens. JP Losman matures and proves to be a capable starting QB. Willis McGahee's early case of Terrell Owensitis does not get a lot worse. The Bills either keep Moulds and find he only needed some stability at QB to blossom again or they find his replacement in free agency. Kevin Everett turns out to be the next Antonio Gates. Mike Williams suddenly gets a clue at left guard and accepts a renegotiated contract, and the Bills draft some quality depth/competition to present starters. On defense, Buffalo drafts a stud at DT that helps the ends get more pressure on the QB. Spikes comes back and is better than ever. Angelo Crowell proves equally adept at making plays from the strong side position. Rashad Baker takes over at FS and Clements re-signs at a fair price. If all that happens, next year they should win the Super Bowl. Reality is they are probably looking at a couple years.

That is a tough question. I am not sure if Eric Moulds has anything left in the tank. I don't know how quickly Kevin Everett can pick up the pro game after sitting out his rookie season, and I don't know how much retooling the offensive line is going to take. In the defensive side, Spikes should be back next season, but until he makes it all the way back there is going to be some question about lingering effects. I also don't know if the Bills have both the will and the resources to re-sign Nate Clements.

They could conceivably make the playoffs next year if everything that needs to happen happens. JP Losman matures and proves to be a capable starting QB. Willis McGahee's early case of Terrell Owensitis does not get a lot worse. The Bills either keep Moulds and find he only needed some stability at QB to blossom again or they find his replacement in free agency. Kevin Everett turns out to be the next Antonio Gates. Mike Williams suddenly gets a clue at left guard and accepts a renegotiated contract, and the Bills draft some quality depth/competition to present starters. On defense, Buffalo drafts a stud at DT that helps the ends get more pressure on the QB. Spikes comes back and is better than ever. Angelo Crowell proves equally adept at making plays from the strong side position. Rashad Baker takes over at FS and Clements re-signs at a fair price. If all that happens, next year they should win the Super Bowl. Reality is they are probably looking at a couple years.

Fair assessment. I agree. I'd add in the scenario about the O-Line improving (Preston in at C, MW working out at G, Peters excelling with more experience at T, FA acquisition of Hutchinson, McNally having time to groom a 5-some)

I doubt this post will go ever well, but the Bills are definitely starting to look like the Bengals of the 90s.

We haven't reached the playoffs since 1999. That's 6 years ago now.

We haven't won a playoff game since, what, 1995? 10 years ago.

Maybe it's just because it's the week after a blowout and most folks are pretty down, but this team's future seems muddled at best. We need a major overhaul of the offensive line and help on the defensive side of the ball, which seems do-able. The coaches seem competent for the most part, except that our offensive coordinator is apparently only useful enough to fill a boxseat and little else.

But more problematic is that the team rarely exhibits any heart. How many come-from-behind victories have the Bills had since 2000? Not many that I can recall. Even with an improved offensive line, I can't see the core of this team taking Buffalo far past the wild card round (although I'd love to be wrong!).

So, what do you think? Are we just another draft and round of free agency away from a playoff berth? What about a playoff win?

511579[/snapback]

Hard to say.

What are the chances of Ole' Whitey getting lucky in

two consecutive drafts restocking the team?

Not very good.

Bills mis playoffs again next year at least.

Wait, this is next year. :lol: