Eric Moulds

Rubes

That does sound reasonable. In saying that Levy didnt like Moulds one bit, I was just trying to emphasize the point that Levy was unwilling / reluctant to give him a chance. In either case, it's kind of ludicrous to say that Moulds "derserves" what he got because of a lack of success in his first two years.

That is a little bit of a stretch, to say Marv Levy "didn't like him one bit".  Marv just rarely played rookies, unless he absolutely had to, he was consistant with that during his tenure with the Bills.

My recollection was that Kelly got off to a miserable start that year, and got "injured".  In his place, Todd Collins started, and was the ultimate "caretaker" QB. It was not uncommon for Collins to have as few as 15 attempts a game.  When Kelly returned from his injury, he was playing a little better.  However, with a banged up Andre Reed and Billy Brooks, Kelly never really developed much of a repore with Moulds. 

I also recall, that the last 4 or so games of the season, Moulds got quite a few more opportunities to show what he could do, and played very well...Kelly retired after that season, and the next year was a wash with Todd Collins at QB.  Levy, understandably I think, was holding on to the past, and the young guys, like Moulds didn't get a lot of time that year.  When Wade came in, the team was in "re-stocking mode" (or so they thought), and Moulds finally got his chance, when they let Billy Brooks go...

511522[/snapback]