Buffalo News Coverage

lawnboy1977

Has anyone else on TBD noticed how all the Buffalo News writers are pretty much writing the same things. I can tell by reading the headline who has wrote the article and what they are going to say before I even open up the link. Sullivan writes about how bad the team is and how TD should be run out of town. Gaughn seems to be the Buffalonian point of view who has hope for the team, IMO. Allen Wilson always seems to have players perspective. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

Has anyone else on TBD noticed how all the Buffalo News writers are pretty much writing the same things.  I can tell by reading the headline who has wrote the article and what they are going to say before I even open up the link.  Sullivan writes about how bad the team is and how TD should be run out of town.  Gaughn seems to be the Buffalonian point of view who has hope for the team, IMO.  Allen Wilson always seems to have players perspective.  Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

499945[/snapback]

Wilson, if I am not mistaken, is the Bills beat writer. He is "imbeded" with the Bills so to speak. Gaughan, I am not sure, but I think he is a Buffalo News staff writer. And Sully, is an editorial writer. Editorial writers have a different function than the beat writers.

Has anyone else on TBD noticed how all the Buffalo News writers are pretty much writing the same things.  I can tell by reading the headline who has wrote the article and what they are going to say before I even open up the link.  Sullivan writes about how bad the team is and how TD should be run out of town.  Gaughn seems to be the Buffalonian point of view who has hope for the team, IMO.  Allen Wilson always seems to have players perspective.  Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

499945[/snapback]

It seems like the Snews has gotten some experienced writers over the last year or two. Gaughn and Willson do not necessarily write with a positive or negative infleuence, but more realistic. They don't take sides, they don't even write about their opinion, they just present the facts as those facts are shown to them. These two give us the context behind the varrious situations they report on.

Sullivan writes with a mad hatred for the "Front Office" and "Coaches". I put these two entities in quotes because I don't necessarily think they have the best interest of the club at heart either. BUT, Sullivan has an adgenda that HE is trying to fill.

Generally, I don't read the Sullivan garbage because I already know what he writes from two years ago. It always the same; just like Tom Donahoe, predictable.

499945[/snapback]

What I've noticed is how message board people seem to think their team can make the playoffs when they suck and would appear to be satisfied with a simply playoff appearance even if everyone in their division finished 5-11 and they could take their division at 6-10.

What I've noticed is how message board people seem to think their team can make the playoffs when they suck and would appear to be satisfied with a simply playoff appearance even if everyone in their division finished 5-11 and they could take their division at 6-10.

500943[/snapback]

Who exactly is it that is staisfied with a 6-10 record? I missed that discussion.