O fixed, possibly,

oregonbbfan

I say possibly because it may not be complete till we see Preston at C.

Now, I've not played organized football just watched it for about 50+ years. Don't know all the fine terminology and schemes but can see our D is doing something wrong or lacking this year. Flame me if you want but our coaches need to get creative on D, think outside the box or this year is lost. TD has not put enough effort ( trades, draft move- ups or FA) into getting impact and quality DL beef. Simon would have looked good about 5 games ago. What about more beef on the line to pressure the QB without blitzing all the time. I see Lawyer cannot get past their line.

Again, these are out of the box ideas, JG hasn't come up with anything creative. Be nice in criticism and give your creative idea.

Idea #1- put a 5th lineman in instead of MLB. This adds pressure and more beef on the line to stop up the sieve. We'll be more succeptible to screen and slants but the others must help.

Idea #2- 5 man line with 2 DE's and 3 DL's, no MLB.

Idea #3 Formations- Bellicheck had all his line meandering so you couldn't decide who the rushers are or who your line assignments are. Don't know the rules about 3 point stances on the line but I'm sure I'll find out.

These are way out ideas and I'm sure you all have more. Let's hear them. Again, these are ideas about something different because it ain't working as is.

A 5 man line. Nice. We used that in HS. Not sure if you have the personnel for it now, however. I would have loved to see it with Phat Pat in the middle, Adams and Edwards as the DTs, Fletcher & Spikes as the 2 backers. That would have been pretty sweet. The problem is guarding against the short-medium range passes, you have one less defender in space.

Don't know all the fine terminology and schemes but can see our D is doing something wrong or lacking this year. Flame me if you want but our coaches need to get creative on D, think outside the box or this year is lost. TD has not put enough effort ( trades, draft move- ups or FA) into getting impact and quality DL beef.

BBOregon,

I don't think it is a problem with the "coaches" thinking out of the box, IMHO, this "coaching staff" is over thinking.

They are trying soooooo many fancy blitzing schemes, it creates mismatches AGAINST the Bills. If these clowns would settle their "scheme" down, let the players play their position, cut the cutsie stuff, this D would have a chance.

The FUNDAMENTALS is where they are lacking.

BBOregon,

I don't think it is a problem with the "coaches" thinking out of the box, IMHO, this "coaching staff" is over thinking.

They are trying soooooo many fancy blitzing schemes, it creates mismatches AGAINST the Bills. If these clowns would settle their "scheme" down, let the players play their position, cut the cutsie stuff, this D would have a chance.

The FUNDAMENTALS is where they are lacking.

499936[/snapback]

Good point! Even Schobel had stated a few weeks back that he feels the defensive plan needs to be scaled down a bit to more basic stuff.