The awful 1-4 Raiders

Simon

Guest BackInDaDay
What if putting these .500 teams on the field is the absolute worst job TD/Modrak do in the Bills front office. Are you really so eager to fire somebody whose worst work leaves us around .500? You're not interested to see what his best work looks like?

484054[/snapback]

Why wouldn't he be doing his best? <_<

If you're implying that TD has many responsibities, with winning games the least of them, I agree.

I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks for bringing some sanity to this board.

This team is mired in mediocrity.

I have to quit replying to your posts.  Seriously, and it will make you happy anyway so no big deal.  You're one of the biggest, clueless homers there are out there.  Your comments here speak for themselves on alot of this stuff.  I seriously stopped reading this after your Milloy and Vincent replies.  To even defend anything that Milloy or Vincent did today says it all.  Vincent is seriously afraid of contact.  No doubting the fact that he ran alongside or away from contact today.  I didn't want Milloy to have 1, 2, 3, 12, 15, or 25 tackles.....I didn't want him to miss a TON of tackles today like he did.  He was awful.  They were awful.

Most teams don't get pressure from their front four in today's game?  Even if that is true, which it isn't totally true, WE DON'T GET ANY.  Period.  That's where this blitzing so much crap derived from.  But, we are the only attacking defense that I've actually seen that plays so fuggin far off of the opposing WR's constantly.  It baffles me.  But the whole blitzing so much schemes, I would bet my house on, have come from our inability to apply pressure up front.  Any kind of pressure at all.  I employ a blitzing style of defense when I coach, and you usually pressure opposing teams WR's within the theory that the pass rush will get there quick enough that the CB's don't have to be perfect in coverages.  Now, mix that with the self proclaimed "best CB in the league" Nate Clements and an improving McGee....why the hell are we not pressing WR's more?  According to all of you geniuses on the board, Nate should be able to blanket one WR, while McGee covers the other with Vincent helping out over the top.  Doesn't happen.  Gray sat there today, playing off of the Raider WR's all fuggin day, and didn't adjust.

God, I just had to read more, because most of your comments boggle my mind.  And a TON of Steeler fans hated Donahoe.  More than 50%.  It was a divided city.  Either you liked Cowher or Donahoe.  Period.  There are a TON of Steeler fans that hated TD.  Thought he was an ego-maniac.  That he couldn't take Cowher's popularity.  There are a TON that hated Mularkey's play calling in Pittsburgh.  And to end that point.......which one got the boot?  And are the Steelers a better football team without him?  LMAO, the answers are Donahoe got booted, and the Steelers haven't looked back yet.  I seriously loved when we got Donahoe, and argued with Steeler fans that we stole him.  LOL, I'm also reminded of it every friggin weekend with numerous calls to my phone every Sunday, including last year's last game. 

And yes, to an extent I am convinced I am a good football mind.  I would love to coach against you.  Anytime, anyday.  Problem is, I am actually on a football field after school everyday (now 7-0 and ranked 7th in the state), while you critique anyone who has anything to say about a less than stellar FOOTBALL TEAM (and  going on five years now) on a message board.  These have been the hardest Bills teams to actually like the last few years in a long long time, because we all expected alot from them.  With all of the names on the back of our jerseys, they are starting to remind me of the New York Rangers hockey teams.  Paper Champs.

You're a great fan.  Seriously.  If I was a failing GM, you are what I would dream of.  My dream would consist of 50,000 people like you who keep me in charge, depsite failing at my job, until it's so bad, a change has to be made.  Seriously Simon, step away from the Kool-Aid pitcher, it's ok to expect more than a mediocre football team, at best, from a guy who's had the job for 5 years.  It won't make you look bad, just like someone who isn't a "company line" lemming.

I'm done in this thread, which I know makes you happy.  But if I was TD, you'd be on my Christmas list every year...you are the stuff dreams are made of for bad GM'ing.

So long for this thread for me, I'm gonna go dream of Charlie Weis coaching this team against what would have been his old New England team next week.  If only he wasn't so damn arrogant in his interview scheduling.  After all, who cares if knows anything about football, right TD?

484204[/snapback]

I'll bet $50 you don't do this.

484215[/snapback]

<_<

If I still gambled you'd be out fittybones cuz they're going bye-bye when Cinderella gets home at 12:05.

I have to quit replying to your posts. You're one of the biggest, clueless homers there are out there.....According to all of you geniuses on the board,.....God, I just had to read more, because most of your comments boggle my mind......And yes, I am convinced I am a good football mind.....I would love to coach against you. Anytime, anyday. Problem is, I am actually on a football field after school everyday (now 7-0 and ranked 7th in the state), If I was a failing GM, you are what I would dream of.....step away from the Kool-Aid pitcher.....It won't make you look bad, just like someone who isn't a "company line" lemming.....you are the stuff dreams are made of for bad GM'ing.

:lol::w00t::w00t:

Yes, why on Earth would somebody of your superiority and intellligence waste time on a clueless fool like me? Gee, I just hope that someday, somebody on the board might just be as brilliant as you and also enlighten us with the kind of advanced football theories you bless us with. I would have never thought to move my corners up when I expect pressure to get home quick. Brilliant!

Please bless us with more of your unassailable wisdom, please? Could you wow us with a detailed explanation of what a "middle linebacker" is? We're just too dumb to figure it out! Help us all to be as infallible and omniscient as you!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Why wouldn't he be doing his best?

Perhaps I should have phrased it "If these .500 teams are the worst results he gets".

Although I imagine that somebody with a single-minded agenda could find a way to read that to fit their preconceived worldview as well.

Guest BackInDaDay
Perhaps I should have phrased it "If these .500 teams are the worst results he gets".

Although I imagine that somebody with a single-minded agenda could find a way to read that to fit their preconceived worldview as well.

484229[/snapback]

Lighten up Simon! Some of us are tired of a mediocre ball club. Your "We'll get 'em next time" is a tolerable philosophy in amateur athletics, but this is a professional entity. NFL teams that can only win half their games don't win championships. You can keep buying an inferior product until it's taken off the shelf, but don't get angry at those of us who want more.

Lighten up Simon!  Some of us are tired of a mediocre ball club.  Your "We'll get 'em next time" is a tolerable philosophy in amateur athletics, but this is a professional entity.  NFL teams that can only win half their games don't win championships.  You can keep buying an inferior product until it's taken off the shelf, but don't get angry at those of us who want more.

484240[/snapback]

You may rest assuredly that I'm far less angry than you. <_<

why are you so offended.....just curious......i wont post anything about gambling in your thread again..........but it's part of football......if there wasnt wagering there wouldnt be a leauge.............professional sports would cease to exist

why are you so offended.....just curious......i wont post anything about gambling in your thread again..........but it's part of football......if there wasnt wagering there wouldnt be a leauge.............professional sports would cease to exist

484269[/snapback]

No worries, it wasn't a matter of being offended, y'all can bet on the weather far as I care. Just wanted my one post-game thread on the board to be on topic. I'll give you a free parlay next week to make it up. <_<

Cya

No worries, it wasn't a matter of being offended, y'all can bet on the weather far as I care. Just wanted my one post-game thread on the board to be on topic. I'll give you a free parlay next week to make it up.  <_<

Cya

484279[/snapback]

lol....thats cool i respect that........i wont post on it again..........too bad i dont use parlays..nice offer......guess i could try a free one

i wont post on it again..........too bad i dont use parlays..nice offer.

Post on it all you want; just try and post about the Bills.

No parlays? I'll just send you three winners and you can use them however you want!-)

Cya

Post on it all you want; just try and post about the Bills.

485057[/snapback]

Didn't you start this thread about the Raiders? :angry:

J/K

I saw somebody else's "Oakland is an ok team" post was deleted, which I was going to respond to...

My pre-season thoughts on them were that Collins was an erratic passer, they would lose every game he played poorly in and only win half the games he played well in because their defense isn't good, which would result in 5-11.

Right now they're 2-4, and while they've played a tough schedule, they've played 4 of 6 at home and Collins hasn't even started throwing int's yet. So I still think they stink.

Didn't you start this thread about the Raiders?  :angry:

J/K

I saw somebody else's "Oakland is an ok team" post was deleted, which I was going to respond to...

My pre-season thoughts on them were that Collins was an erratic passer, they would lose every game he played poorly in and only win half the games he played well in because their defense isn't good, which would result in 5-11. 

Right now they're 2-4, and while they've played a tough schedule, they've played 4 of 6 at home and Collins hasn't even started throwing int's yet.  So I still think they stink.

485136[/snapback]

Actually it wasn't deleted. It was just the 4th thread in screaming caps about essentially the same thing that the same poster had started, so I merged it to keep the rest of the stuff from being forced off the bottom of the page.

As for Oakland, I've always thought Collins was effective when he had decent protection and wasn't drowning himself in the sauce. Looking over his career that's pretty much been the case.

I think the Raiders are probably better than a .500 team if they were playing anywhere else but that nasty division. In addition to those 6 games against San Diego, Kansas City and Denver they've also got Philadelphia, NewEngland, the Giants, Washington and Dallas on their schedule. That's just brutal now matter how good a team you are. Aside from the Chargers game, they've played everybody real tight and been beat late, so I don't think they've shown anything that tells us how much they stink.

Cya