This is where we find out what we have

BF_in_Indiana

I think we find out what type of team we have this week. If we go into Oakland and play well (whether we win or not) then I think this team can be turned around. Now on the flip side, if we go into Oakland and get hammered like our road performances the last few years then I think we are in trouble.

You can talk all you want about 0-2 not meaning much as we were 2-0 last year and went 6-10 but folks it does mean something with this team........this is a team that needs some confidence. We need to show people that we can be contenders. If we can't do it we are in for another long season.

In short, I think it's make or break already in week two.

Well I'm not saying we won't lose again in week 3.........

We have started 0-3 and made the playoffs.

What I'm saying is this team needs to hit a stride. You see teams like NE hit a stride durring a season and never let up. The Bills will play well for two weeks and then stink it up for the next month, win a few more, then suck for a couple weeks, etc.........we need to be that team that puts it all together and starts rolling.

I agree, you can't put too much into the first game with a new coach.  Especially considering the upside to the OL and DB's play.

35235[/snapback]

Sure you can. If we start playing well on the road that is a sign that our coaching has improved more so then it is of our talent improving. It's basically the same players. Is our coaching better or not??? If we keep getting spanked on the road then I say no.

I mean we still aren't winning our home games (last week) so will our road play improve???

I think we know what type of team we have by now.

The offense isn't as bad as some people claim. The defense could be just as good as last year or better!

Mistakes...

Well we're still in preseason form. The team is undisciplined and doesn't care!

We don't need other teams to beat us when we can do that fine, thank you very much.

Idiocy rules!

I pray we win 6 this year.

Sure you can.  If we start playing well on the road that is a sign that our coaching has improved more so then it is of our talent improving.  It's basically the same players.  Is our coaching better or not???  If we keep getting spanked on the road then I say no. 

I mean we still aren't winning our home games (last week) so will our road play improve???

35239[/snapback]

Thats what I meant, yes we lost the home opener, but I felt we played better than the latter part of last season, which tells me the coaching staff is on the right track.

Well actually I don't really think overall we did play much better then the latter part of last year. We scored 10 points (all of it a gift from Byron throwing INT's.) We had critical breakdowns late in the game with penalties, lack of discipline on defense, etc.

I don't know, but I just didn't see the overall improvement some are boasting about. Individual players played better then they did last year, but as a team the answer is no.

In the last three years we gave up 575 points in 24 road games while scoring 383. That averages out to 23.9 points to 15.9 points in our opponents favor. That includes our wins. There weren't many of those. This area is the one that has to improve the most. Our home record hasn't been that great either, but our road record is pathetic. It needs to improve. I will look for signs of improvement this week. I hope to see some.