Mularkey on Sirius NFL Radio

Once again, a rough paraphrase of what I can remember:

Riggins asked Mularkey about the run defense. M said that he thought they were improving each week, but that they were having problem with their gaps and tackling. He said that there are bound to be missed gaps in any game, but if the tackling isn't there you have a problem.

He said that Roscoe would be a gametime decision.

When asked about JP's reaction to Kelly being named the starter, he sounded genuinely pleased. He said that JP is preparing for each game like he's the starter, and there is nothing in the locker room, meetings, body language or anything that indicates that JP is doing anything other than taking the opportunity to learn.

Riggins asked him when JP would get playing time. Mularkey said that he could see JP going into situations where the offense is getting a little flat. He thought there was an opportunity in the Miami game to do that, but he didn't think of it at the time.

He is on every Friday, so if I am on the way home from work and catch the conversation, I will be sure to post a brief summary here.

If anyone else heard it, feel free to add, correct, comment, etc.

Riggins asked him when JP would get playing time.  Mularkey said that he could see JP going into situations where the offense is getting a little flat.  He thought there was an opportunity in the Miami game to do that, but he didn't think of it at the time.

482281[/snapback]

Comments like the one above that, to me, are really refreshing coming from a head coach. BUT...people are going to jump on his s#it for saying stuf like that. In truth EVERY coach makes mistakes, forgets things, etc. But, rarely will they admit to them publicly.

With that said...Try to pay attention this game, Mike. K?

Yeah, while Mike has the NFL head coach patter down pretty good, he does have a refreshing honesty about him.

(You're right about people jumping down his throat about that comment. There will be dozens of replies to this post that do that. Guaranteed.)

At one point, he referred to the "hole" the Raiders had dug for themselves, but then quickly said, "not that big of a hole," and then "kind of like the hole we dug for ourselves last season."

Nice save, Mike! Now go beat Oakland.

Man, I hate to see the day coming when Kelly has a very bad day.  I don't think our team can suffer thru that type of controversy again. 

This board, LOL!, will be another thing altogether.

482426[/snapback]

Well, I think that day has come...no?

Once again, a rough paraphrase of what I can remember:

Riggins asked Mularkey about the run defense.  M said that he thought they were improving each week, but that they were having problem with their gaps and tackling.  He said that there are bound to be missed gaps in any game, but if the tackling isn't there you have a problem.

482281[/snapback]

Yep they are improving every week alright....Oh Man that's a good one... :lol: