Chiropractors

Frez

Long story short...

Hurt my back on Monday lifting at work. I went to the Chiro yesterday. She did x-rays first and then talked to me. She did adjust my back and neck yesterday before I left. I have to say that today I do feel about 10% better. Maybe it's just the muscles healing themselves from rest, I don't know. I'm scheduled to go back tonight at 6:30 for another adjustment. I will give it a few weeks to see what happens.

I'm not sure what that healing oil is she rubbed on the back of my neck though?  :rolleyes:

481131[/snapback]

You hurt your back at work and you're worried about chiropracters? You should be more concerned with how your going to spend the next six glorious weeks milking workman's comp, guy. You just won the freaking lottery! Back injuries are almost impossible to diagnose correctly. Sweet fancy moses! And with the holidays coming up, too. Good for you, man.

For what it's worth...and w/o getting into the whole back-and-forth here...why not get the best of both worlds:

Go to a DO instead of an chiro or an MD. DOs are real doctors. Then can do anything an MD can do...and usually are more holistic. Plus they learn the manipulations of a Chiro. The bonus is they'll be able to tell if there are any "medical" problems before attempting to cure you with manipulations.

But...there are certainly good and bad DOs...just as with MDs and Chiros. So do some research. If you're in the Buffalo area, PM me and I'll give you a real good recommendation

Chiropractic is just like any medical profession. There are the ones that care about their patients and there are those that care about the bank account. Just like medical doctors, just like denists, just like Physical Therapy, etc, etc, etc.

People in here are recommending to stop treatment after 6 weeks or two months, or what ever. That's ok except realize that all people are different. What works for one person in a certain timeframe doesn't necessarily work for someone else.

JUst as with any person you trust your health with, you should research any individuals you are considering; two or three different opinions is a must.

A good first session will consist of a medical history, an idea of how you were injured, AND what other conditions that can contribute to the problem. Yes x-rays are a must, this is your spine we are talking about; althouh, Chiropractors can work on a lot of other things.

Legitimate chiros will do your body more good in regards to back, bone and muscle problems than actual doctors. Legimate chiros have to go to school for just as long as actual doctors.

Personally, I went to one for two reasons, a back and wrist injury from hockey. Both feel much better after a visit to the chiro. I had surgery on my broken wrist a few years back and when the weather gets bad, the pain is rough. However, my chiro "readjusts" it and it's good for a while.

Legitimate chiros will do your body more good in regards to back, bone and muscle problems than actual doctors. Legimate chiros have to go to school for just as long as actual doctors.

Personally, I went to one for two reasons, a back and wrist injury from hockey. Both feel much better after a visit to the chiro. I had surgery on my broken wrist a few years back and when the weather gets bad, the pain is rough. However, my chiro "readjusts" it and it's good for a while.

482201[/snapback]

The thing is, DOs do it all!

http://www.mommd.com/whatisdo.shtml

You hurt your back at work and you're worried about chiropracters?  You should be more concerned with how your going to spend the next six glorious weeks milking workman's comp, guy.  You just won the freaking lottery!  Back injuries are almost impossible to diagnose correctly.  Sweet fancy moses!  And with the holidays coming up, too. Good for you, man.

482102[/snapback]

I don't want to hit the lottery, I want to go back to work.

This sucks! Laiid on my back all week hoping it would start to feel better and it's killing me. How anyone can lay around and do nothing is beyond me.