TD deserves credit

jahnyc

TD definitely deserves credit for finding/assembling a talented group of speical teams players. We have execellent returners for kick-offs and punts. McGee is unreal and Jonathan Smith and Clements have looked good on punt returns. Our coverage units have been strong. In years past, I would wait for a big return against our kick-off and punt units. It always seemed inevitable. Not now.

It is interesting how TD has done well finding cb talent, but not offensive line and dt talent. I believe scouts cover specific areas and schools, not specific positions. If so, I wonder what makes the difference between a good pick and a bad pick (i.e., who has input in the decision).

TD definitely deserves credit for finding/assembling a talented group of speical teams players.  We have execellent returners for kick-offs and punts.  McGee is unreal and Jonathan Smith and Clements have looked good on punt returns.  Our coverage units have been strong.  In years past, I would wait for a big return against our kick-off and punt units.  It always seemed inevitable.  Not now.

It is interesting how TD has done well finding cb talent, but not offensive line and dt talent.  I believe scouts cover specific areas and schools, not specific positions.  If so, I wonder what makes the difference between a good pick and a bad pick (i.e., who has input in the decision).

477462[/snapback]

I think the difference is having a head coach believing in special teams. Marv felt ST was important but Wade forgot about that being a key part of the game. Bobby April has proven he knows what he is doing.